Chapter 15: Memories

Welcome to the first chapter of Arc 2 Purgatory what this is taking place a week after Orochi Incident and the Azur Lane forces are reunited, but not everyone is happy cause you see in this chapter. Enjoy it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?????

Nijmegen POV

I was having a dream where I saw a city that looks ancient that is covering in volcanic ashes and the volcano is erupting with lava pouring out. I don't know why, but I see my other self that is more dark than normal that is covering in blood staring at me. Why is he staring at me and what is going on here when I notice tentacles coming out the lava that looks like Observer, but it is bright red. I try to call him out, but my voice is nothing but silence. Is this a memory flashback or some kind of vision from the wisdom cube after my fight against Observer. Only one named that keeps on popping is Purgatory. After that I woke up from my nap where I was sitting on a table with Isaac who is writing a report while staring at me.

Isaac: "Alright there Nijmegen?"

Nijmegen: "Just having dreams again."

Isaac: "Same thing as last time?"

Nijmegen: "Correct."

Isaac: "Don't worry about it; must be something to do with the new arrangements with the ships."

Nijmegen(angry): "Right?"

Only reason I'm angry is that the base is now fill with soldiers and no ships except me since they both been transfer to the Azur Lane Base in Pearl Harbor; of course my schwesters including Bismarck reject this proposal without me in it, but the higher ups won't have it and order they to transfer them to the new base while I stay behind as the only ship in the base. I slam my fist on the table.

Nijmegen(angry): "WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS STAYING BEHIND, THIS ISN'T FAIR!"

My shouting cause everyone to stare at me with worry and fear.

Isaac: "Please be quiet Nijmegen; the higher ups have a reason for it."

Nijmegen: "More like they don't trust me including their new allies since they don't know a damn thing about me. After all I did for them with the Orochi Incident; they still don't trust me. I been a secretary for Bismarck for almost a year and now I just an escort for supplies."

Isaac: "At least you have the dorm all by yourself."

I wasn't amuse when he said; makes me think that I'm all alone in this world without them. I continue to complain until Commander Keaton arrives and order me to escort another supplies.

Keaton: "KMS Nijmegen; we got another shipment coming in. You know the drill."

Nijmegen: "Understood Kommandant."

I walk out with anger in my face which Isaac is not surprise since everyone has transfer to the new base while I stuck here in a dump with little protection so he talk with Keaton.

Isaac: "Keaton; can you explain to me why is Nijmegen stays here?"

Keaton: "The higher ups want him to stay here and be observe away from the frontline."

Isaac: "WHY?"

Keaton: "After he encounter Observer which she knew him which cause a lot of mistrust toward him since we don't his origin except you and Fredrich."

Isaac(angry): "After all the things he did to support the Iron Blood; you guys still don't trust him at all while he serve with Lady Bismarck for a year."