01. She's A Keeper

*Coughs loudly to grab attention*

Excuse me readers !? 100+ reads with just the prelude published? This author is way more overwhelmed! Thank you soo much 😭💗

Just a small note : In case of usage of any Indian words especially, Urdu terms, readers can find the meanings in the glossary part, at the end of each chapter.

Also there will be a question at the end of every chapter because the author loves interacting with her readers !

HAPPY READING -💗

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Benaam rishta jo, bechain karta jo

Ho naa sake jo bayaan

Darmiyaan Darmiyaan

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

"Hellow City of Pearls ! This is Mirchi Ridaan on the hot seat, hearing your love stories ! It's 7 by the studio clock and the only traffic update, reports a road congestion near the Highway area. Do drive safely ! Alsoooo, we are almost at the end of our final segment - The Candid Hour . The city just experienced its first June showers aurrr baarish mein retro songs ke feel nhi liye toh aur kya kiya ! (What else did you do if you didn't feel the retro songs in the rain?) So hold your hearts as we mark the end of "Evening Jams" with this timeless masterpiece from the 90's chart . Nevermind ! You will soonnnnn be having Mirchi Kanika on Mics with all the bollywood gossips and movie reviews! Keep updating us with the traffic infos ! See you all tomorrow from 5 to 7 ! This is Rj Ridaan signing off! "

With this , he switched off the microphone system and the on - air warning light automatically got turned off . He put down the headphone aside and massaged the bridge of the nose , letting out an inaudible sigh. As his colleague made her way towards the hot seat, he stood up and took his leave. Now the only thing he needed was a cup of coffee and - the terrace .

Ordering a hot Espresso Macchiato in the office canteen , he fished his phone out of his pocket and turned off the DND mode. The WhatsApp, YouTube and Instagram notifications made their way almost making the mobile screen freeze for a minute. "Areyyy yaar ! Dhett teri ki!!! Itne log kyun yaad karte hain humein !! (Oh no . Ugghhh! Why do so many people have to remember me !) ", Ridan almost whined in frustration. Realising that he's still in his office, he looked around cautiously only to find the canteen boy smiling at him. " Lo ji ! Out of everybody else, only he had to notice my stupidity." , he murmured under his breath.

Ridan absolutely hates any kind of disruptions during work , especially when he's inside the radio studio . While scrolling down the WhatsApp messages , he absent mindedly sipped on the steamy expresso from the cup , which made him seethe in pain! "Fuckkk !"