02. (Im)Perfect Us ?

Published on : August 24, 2022

* Looking at the readers with bawling eyes* 🥺

I'm so overwhelmed to see the comments on the first chapter. So happy to know that you all are connecting to the story and are excited about the characters just like me.

Today's chapter is something most of the readers can relate to (I guess). I was recently facing it and hence the thought came. Hope u like it -

[ A little Disclaimer - A sad melancholic mood will prevail throughout the chapter. Refrain from reading it in case you are overthinking ! READERS , please just don't get triggered by the words. ]

HAPPY READING 💓

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

O Re Manwa Tu Toh Bawra Hai
Tu Hi Jaane Tu Kya Sochta Hai
Baware

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

✧☞.......roopkatha :

A cold breeze made its way through the open window and I pulled the duvet closer craving for more warmth . The warmth that can provide comfort to my insecurities and overthinking. I forcefully closed my eyes , trying to sleep but the restless mind wasn't helping anyways. I groaned in frustration.

Although the occasional dribbles in the evening have lowered the temperature to some extent, I have this really weird habit of switching on the fan at full speed as well as wrapping myself in the duvet . And I proudly practise this throughout the year. You know, doing it that way really makes me feel cosy and comfortable. My mom has become tired of trying to mend my ways but what she often forgets is that I have got the same obstinate attitude as hers. So she is the one to give up first in an argument.

I hugged the side pillow tightly.

If only I had a boyfriend who could cuddle me and smother me with kisses, and pamper me , and give me warm hugs and...... Ughhh sorry - Scratch it ! Reading Wattpad novels before sleeping wasn't a good idea. They only trigger the fact that you are single and those fictional boyfriends raise your expectations to such an extent that you almost lose interest in the men around you.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me and my team and if only I desperately need something at this moment,  then it is a proper eight hours sleep. Nothing more nothing less.

I unlocked my phone with the 4-lettered passcode to check the time and a still of Ranbir Kapoor from 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil ' flashed on the home screen. This guy has been an absolute heart-stealer since my teenage days . I can go on my knees for his flirty smirks and deep male voice.