1. Lost and Found

Nuclear Family - a pair of adults (a man and woman) and their socially recognized children (Two Children)

October 29th, 1997,
   "Elton, come check this out!" Elton's best friend, Jason Foley, told him to follow him. Elton loved it when the State Fair would come through Salt Lake. It was the only time his parents would let him roam alone. 'Mom... Dad... I am 8! I am grown. Jason and my friends will make fun of me at school if I have to stay with you guys,' Elton complained to his parents. His father talked his mom into letting him hang out with his friends. They had a daughter they could baby for three more years until she threw the tantrums that Elton always does.

   "All right... you keep my phone and meet us at the Ferris Wheel before it gets dark," His mother said. Jason was still getting him to put off heading to the Ferris Wheel. His friend led him to the 'Cowboy Wrangler' booth, where this other kid was crying. Jason and the rest of his friends were all pointing and laughing.

   "What are you crying about, Cry Baby?" Jason mimicked the crying boy.

   "Hey! Guys, stop, buzz off," Elton shooed his friends away. They ran to the 'Tilt-a-whirl.' "What's wrong, kid?" Elton asked. The boy was just around his age but much smaller and appeared younger.

   "I can't find my Daddy or Mommy," He cried, and Elton touched his shoulder. He would've been called worse than a crybaby if he had said that to Jason. Elton knew why he was being picked on. He had curly hair, his shirt tucked into his pants, and glasses so thick they magnified his eyes.

   "Hey... it is okay. I am sure they are worried sick about you. I will take you to the lost and found," He said, and the boy nodded, "What's your name?"

   "Richard," He sniffled, "I am sure they aren't looking for me... I ran off because she and Daddy are fighting all the time... they don't even notice me,"

    "That's what parents do. Mine sure do fight... but I am sure that they are looking everywhere for you," Elton told him and looked at the claw machine, "Here..." he grabbed Richard's wrist and put in a quarter. Without any problem, Elton picked up a little fuzzy bear that reminded him of the boy's hair and worked his way to the slot to drop it and grab the stuffed animal. "Don't tell anyone this, but whenever my parents are fighting... I hug my shark stuffy, Bruce, and forget about everything," He said.

   "Thank you. I will name him after you, Elton," Richard cheered and sniffled as Elton continued leading him to the lost and found. Elton still saw that he was terrified, so he held his hand.

   "We are almost there, okay? If your parents aren't there, they will call for them to come to get you," Elton explained, and he saw his Dad running to them.

   "Elton, boys do not hold other boys' hands!" Cash shouted at his son and yanked him away from the boy.

   "Ricky! There you are!" Lynne cried, running to her son and kissing his head. Elton looked up at his Dad in fear as he rubbed his hurt arm. Mike grabbed Cash by the collar of the shirt he was wearing.

   "Don't ever shout at my son again!"

   "Maybe you should keep better track of him," Cash snapped.

   "Mike, I told you not to have any beer tonight. You let him run off," Lynne turned on her husband, and Ricky clung to Elton, the Bear to his chest, tearing up again. Elton was looking at him apologetically.

   "Get your hands off, my husband, and go back to your trailer park," Erica Caswell pushed Mike away, and that's when security intervened. The Bowens were being escorted out. Richard kept his eyes on Elton as his father pulled him by the wrist away.

   "God Mike, we can't go somewhere for the night without you making a scene... I am packing my bags when we get home, and I am taking Ricky," Lynne shouted, and Richard began to sob, hiding his face in Elton Jr. Richard never thought he would meet Elton John Caswell again, but he couldn't see ten years into the future.
Please Vote, Comment, Add to your lists, and share this story with a friend:).