CHAPTER 5: Awful Father

🌸यत्र नार्यस्तु पूज्यन्ते रमन्ते तत्र देवता:।
यत्रैतास्तु न पूज्यन्ते सर्वास्तत्राफला: क्रिया:।🌸

Mahabharat kaal:
After the morning routine, the second princess stepped out to greet her father. She walked through the corridors of the huge palace, turning heads towards her. It was inevitable to be spell bound by her beauty. Her long black hairs were neatly braidaled , except for a strand of hair which tickled her face. Her warm brown skin looked golden under the rising sun. And the scent of sandalwood radiating from her, can hypnotize even Gods.

She made her way towards her father's chamber but stopped after her chhoti chiraiya called her from behind,
Jiji /Didi, Rukiye!! (Elder sister, please wait)

Homini, kay hua? Meri chiraiya ke baal is avastha mein kyu? (Homini, what happened? Why my little birdy's hair such a mess?)

She pulled the youngest aside and started helping her, before she could protest. Homini tried to tell her but before she could, someone called them,

Paanchal ki kumariya kahi apni jyeshtha jiji ko bhul tho nahi gai? (Did the princesses of paanchal forgot their eldest sister?)
Shrikhandi teased them before smiling brightly.
They both rushed to her in glee and started bombarding her with questions. When did you reached Kampilya? How was your journey? And so on. Eldest sister felt her head spinning with this many questions but was happy to see her sisters lively and joyful as ever. It's just been three weeks since their birth yet the bond they have in between felt like it exists from way back in time. She was a mother figure to them, or we can say she was also a father figure considering how the king didn't wanted daughters , he was too obsessed with the idea of having a son that he gave his first child, a girl, a lifestyle of boy. Shrikandi was a princess turned prince. The king was yet to give them recognition as his daughters. They were strangers to him.

When they finally were satisfied with the answers they received and calmed a bit, Shrikhandi informed that she reached early in morning and is on her way to report it to their father.

They together greeted their father. Draupad inquired Shrikhandi, who was the Senapati (General)of his army about her mission, completely ignoring the other two. By the time he was done, Dhrishtadyumna entered along with Rajguru . He bowed to the king. He was a obedient son , never going out of his father's order. But as a brother he was less available. Yet he tried from time to time to complete his duties as a elder brother.

The king called his senapati and asked her to submit her sword which symbolizes her position to him. Everyone was puzzled to hear that. He ordered the prince to step up and receive it so he could declared him as the new General.

On being questioned why he is doing it, he thundered
Shrikhandi apne dharm ko pura nahi kar saki, parajit hui Kuru Rajkumaar se.Purush hi astra dharan kar sakte hai, na ki ek.. Nari!! (Shrikhandi failed to complete her duty, she was defeated by the Kuru prince. Only men can bear weapons not. . women!!)

More than saying 'Nari ' , he as if spited it out. This enraged younger sisters yet Draupadi tried to calmly explain it to her father. But the debate just became hotter and the king finally roared,
Moorkh! Tumhara ye dush sahas Raja ka apman kar rahi ho. Mujhe tum par daya aayi aur tumhara swayamvar kar tumhe yaha se durr bhej dena chaha . Par tum iske kabil nahi ho. (Idiot! How dare you insult a king. I pitted you, through about sending you away after marriage. But you don't deserve it.)

The eldest princess and the prince tried to cool down the situation but the damage was already done. Pain flooded through Draupadi as words stabbed her and rage emerged in the heart of youngest. The goblets of fire on the either side of the King's thrown roared and grew bigger, threatening to burn down any thing in it's reach. The chamber got hotter and the fire wasn't ready to calm down. Hungry fire in a moment took down the curtain and was approaching the thrown.

The strom of range in Homini's heart was extinguished by the tears of her Jiji. Anger made it's way out through tears and evaporated. Everyone started exiting to be safe from fire .

When they safely made it out and before the cause of fire could be understood, a special visitor was there . A glorious visitor, who mesmerized them by beauty like none other.
.
.
.

Please do let me know if you want me to write the dialogues in Hindi 🤔🤔. Also you can make suggestion for names that you want to see in the story . Those name will be used for some of the side characters.🤓🤓