𝚐𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚢𝚎 | 𝟸𝟽 𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛

╔

╔. ■ .═══════╗

27 October 2005

THURSDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

[y/n]'s pov

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐃 in welcoming as I pushed open the heavy glass door, the brisk air of the outside filtering into the small corner store.

Shoving my hands back into my trouser pockets, I make a direct line towards the snack isle. The familiar section that held the original dorayaki came into view, and I couldn't help the small smile that formed as I pulled out two single packets.

After taking my share, I head towards the back of the store that held the refrigerators full of various drinks and chilled items.

Swinging open the sealed doors and choosing a drink, I couldn't help but notice a small confutation in the very corner of the store on the right of my peripheral.

There were four boys – all adorning the white jackets of Valhalla. At that, I scowled to myself, remembering that I was warned by Hanma to not beat up any of the members – seeing it as a form of sabotage before the battle in four days time.

However, before I decided to walk away, it was then I saw that they were all cornering a smaller figure. By the looks of things, the four were almost double their height.

One of the boys stepped closer, jabbing a finger into their shoulder. In turn, they shoved him back.

This allowed a small crack in the wall the four made with their bodies, allowing me to get a glimpse of the person they were encircling.

It was a girl – who appeared to be younger than myself, who had a head of striking light pink hair that was cropped short.

Her shove seemed to aggravate the boys further, and she continued to stand her own ground.

Although she came across as being able to look after herself, I imagined Emma being in her situation, and my calm facade cracked.

I made my way over to the group of five, putting my items into my pockets.

"Oi, the hell are you doing?" I call, making my presence known to the four boys.

Two of the four turned to face me; one giving a smirk and the other giving a knowing scowl.

"So, another female want to join the party?" The boy with an undercut suggests to the other three.

The way he spat 'female' felt like a derogatory insult, further testing my patience.

"Get your ugly faces out of here before I drag you out by your hair myself," I state, glare holding.

The boy beside the one who made the previous statement scoffed, "I'd like to see you try."

At his threat, I swing my right fist up into his nose, his head smacking back onto the steel shelves. The one with the undercut reached out towards me, and I ducked as a response, before grabbing the side of his head to slam once, and then twice onto the thick glass doors of the refrigerators.

Blood smeared across the glass from his broken nose, making me grimace in disgust.

The girl I stood up for took the initiative to go for the other two as they were distracted; kicking one in the pelvis and onto the floor, and the other with a right hook into his chin.

The first boy I punched got back up onto his feet, landing a hit to my cheek, before I made a quick knee into his groin – successfully putting him onto his knees without him being able to get back up again.

From where I stood, I had a direct view of the cashier, who was holding a telephone to her ear – frantically talking to someone on the phone.

The girl with pinkish hair once again punched the boy who poked her shoulder, who seemed to attempt to get back up again.

I grabbed her arm, pulling her in the direction of the exit, "the worker is calling the coppers, we gotta go!" I call, and she complied with my wishes.

We both ran out, and out into the cool afternoon, "follow me, I know a place we can hide," the girl exclaims, taking the lead.

Without thinking, I followed her, both of us running down the sidewalk before taking a turn into an ally way.

Both of us paused to catch our breaths, leaning against opposite walls in front of each other.

In the distance, I heard sirens, and the two of us ran deeper into the darkened dead end street. 

Using a large garbage bin as a cover, I slid down the wall to sit on the concrete, the girl following my motion – now sitting next to me.

A few minutes passed in silence as we sat next to each other, both of us composing ourselves.

I turn my head to look at the girl; now noticing how piercing green her eyes were. She noticed my glance, and turned to look at me as well. We both stared at each other, until we broke out into fits of laughs for no particular reason.

"I never actually got your name?" The girl states after ceasing our laughs.

I give her a smile, "it's [l/n] [y/n], but just call me [y/n]," I greet, and she returns my sentiments.

"Then just call me Senju," she then replies, and I nod.

In the next beat of silence, I then realised my previous reasons for going into the corner shop in the first place, feeling around my pockets. It was then I noticed that I had lost my drink, but however still had my two packets of dorayaki.

I pull out the treats, handing one of them to Senju, "here, I did kinda just steal these as well."

Senju gives me a grateful smile, gladly accepting my treat, "thanks!"

And so, in the back of an ally way, sharing dorayaki after making a quick escape from the cops, I unknowingly made an ally.

One myself, and in the future Takemichi, will be able to count on.

| 1021 words |