1.

lucas' pov

flashback:

it was lonnies funeral, the byers-hopper's invited everyone that hated the homophobic piece of shit. trevor didn't even know him, hell he barely even knew the group, but dustin brought him.

el and max kissed, it didn't bother me. theyre cute together.

will and mike kissed, didn't bother me. they're my best friends.

joyce and hopper kissed, i smiled.

jonathan and steve kissed, i was actually surprised.

nancy and robin kissed, honestly it was cool to see that two people steve fell in love with were together.

then i saw dustin and trevor kiss, i wanted to throw up from jealousy.

i quickly diverted my gaze from everyone. i wanted to cry so badly, but the people that didn't know about my huge crush would probably think i was crying over the death of lonnie.

there wasn't ant speeches about how he'll be missed, no, everyone in this town hated lonnie. we all got up and said something shitty he did, like the time he threw slurs at me when i went to meet wills parents. joyce was, and still is a lovely lady, lonnie however was rhe opposite. we all threw a party when they got divorced.

for ted and karen, we did basically the same thing. everyone kissed each other and celebrated.

i got the same jealousy again when the person i was in love with kissed someone else.

thats what i thought of when i saw dustin with trevor again. i thought they broke up.

mike probably thought i didn't see them. we were talking about how one of the new teachers were a bitch. i saw them in the corner of my eye.

"do you want to skip?" mike had said.

i gave them a puzzled look.

"please?" he pleaded.

"okay," i sighed, i didn't want to see dustin right now anyway, them kissing trevor is still burnt in the back of my mind. "yeah, let's go."

we go to the arcade, we try for hours trying to beat max's high score on digdug. she's just too good.

i go home, plop on my bed, and i start crying.

why is this so hard?

only mike, suzie, max, and steve know about my crush on dustin.

i'm pretty sure will somehow knows. i wouldn't put it past mike to tell will about it, or max tell el, who tells will. but it doesn't matter.

dustin can't know.

they can't find out from anyone but me.

sooooo what'cha think? i haven't really done a first person pov in a while but this felt right.