Summer 1983 ~ part 2

She hated him.

Nah she didn't.

He only had eyes for her.

But she wasn't interested.

Yeah, she was.

Eventually, after he asked her out for the one-hundredth time that year, she asked him. They went on a date to Hogsmeade, the three friends spying on him the whole time.

It went very well.

The following weekend was a Quidditch match. Slytherin against Gryffindor. Ancient rivals.

She wished him good luck at the breakfast table, kissing his cheek. The three friends teased him about it for years after; the way he turned into a tomato at that touch of the redhead's lips on his skin.

When he scored that winning goal and the snitch was caught, the girl ran from the stands. She fought her way through the crowd of cheering spectators. The three friends watched on, not knowing what was going down. The girl broke onto the pitch as the glowing boy landed. She ran right into his arms, jumping on him and kissing him in front of the whole school. His three friends cheered the loudest. They will never forget the look on his face as the girl of his dreams congratulated him in the only way she could think of at that moment: many, many kisses.

Eventually, the boy and the girl got married.

Soon after that, they had the perfect son. He looked exactly like his father, except for the eyes: he had his mother's eyes.

But in happiness, there is almost always pain. While they may have had a beautiful child, there was a war raging and with each day came new fears, new challenges.

The boy and the girl went into hiding. They gave their location to a secret keeper who couldn't keep it quiet.

He was one of the three friends.

The boy and the girl trusted him but he ratted them out.

And that is how the dark wizard found the boy, the girl and their son in their home.

That is how the boy died, protecting his wife and child.

He thought he had saved them.

He died thinking he had saved them.

But the dark wizard just stepped over the boy's body and continued.

The girl was whispering to her son.

"Harry, be brave," she was saying. "Mama loves you. Dada loves you."

Then she stood her ground.

The dark wizard took her life.

The dark wizard attempted to take the child's life too.

But it was his mothers love that saved him and will continue to save him for a long time.

He was the boy who lived.

He who conquered the dark lord.

While the wizarding world was celebrating, the two remaining friends grieved.

They grieved and they grieved.

All they had was each other.

Until they managed to find the boy who lived.

And that is where this story ends and a new one begins.

A sequel to the first heartbreaking novel.

A fresh start, full of possibilities.

.ೃ࿐