4. DO THE MATH.

DAKALO

"Last installment! Apology debt fully paid." the coffee and donuts safely settle in front of me.

"And now you're forgiven, Pula." I grin widely knowing I'll miss the free breakfast, I had even stopped getting something to eat before leaving home and I must admit, I liked the idea of us sharing breakfast before starting with work. Maybe I'll continue this little tradition but I'll have to substitute the donuts. Four days of them is enough.

"Pula?" She asks with a raised eyebrow.

"I thought I'd give you a nickname, but if you don't like it I'll go back to your full name."

"No, It's not that I don't like it. It's just that everyone around me calls me Mo."

"Then I'll be the different one." I'm still grinning, I need to stop. "We will be having an outdoor day today. We need to meet with some of the investors to put them up to speed the projects they've invested in.

"Alright, I'll be quick then." She settles on her chair and starts eating.

"No rush. It's still early."

When we are both done we pack up and I lead her out of the office locking it behind me. Just as we are walking down the hallway my worst nightmare aproaches us.

"Baby, are you going somewhere?"

"What are you doing here?"

"You won't answer my calls so I thought I'd come see you."

"I told you, we have nothing to talk about Sindi. Why do you keep doing this?" I feel myself tense up next to Pula and I hate that there's an audience present for what Sindi might do.

"We need to talk, Dakalo. Are you just going to let four years go down the drain because of one mistake? Just one? I've apologized already. What more do you want me to do or say?" her voice grows loud.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes my love, tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it but you can't keep ignoring me like this, I'm your girlfriend."

"Ex girlfriend."

"Uhh, I'll just wait over there." Pula says starting to walk but I stop her.

"No, Sindi won't be staying." I say to her then look back at Sindi "I won't keep repeating the same thing to you. We are done. Now stop bothering me and I never want to see you here again. This is my workplace and I won't tolerate you coming here to do whatever you call this. I've got work to do." I say then start walking not giving a damn if she stays rooted right there or goes home.

Pula rushes from behind me and I hadn't even realised that I had sped up my walking because I'm already worked up. When we reach my car I get the door for her and shut it then move to my own side.

"Are you okay?" She asks when I'm in the car.

"Yeah, I just got annoyed for a moment. I hate it when she does that. " I start driving, still not believing that Sindisiwe dragged herself to my workplace. What the hell will it take for her to stop bothering me?

"Yea, it kind of was awkward." She says and I catch a glimpse of her. I don't know how to react or respond to that so I just keep driving.

We make it on time to our meeting and our day goes like that. It's quite a busy day with a lot of explaining to do but I do it without faltering. Investors need to feel that they are taken care of and that includes thoroughly explaining details to them, even those that might seem minor, they need to feel that they are held to a high regard and that's exactly what I do for them.