18. WAY GONE.

DAKALO

After getting feedback from my dad about the meeting he had with Sindi's dad I decide that I need to get some air and I know Pula is busy right now so I see this as a chance to see Prince seeing I haven't seen him in a long time. He lets me know he's at home so I drive to his place and when I get there we chill by the balcony of his apartment.

I bring him up to speed with the crap that's been happening in my life and he listenes attentively, by the time I'm done, he hands me a cold beer

"You need this." He says shaking his head

"I really do."

"But on the real, I think Sindi is trying to play you. I don't think that baby is yours but because she's desperate to be in your life she's gonna pretend that it is."

"I don't know bruh, I really don't. I mean, I believe I'm being reasonable here. If she can't produce proof then I won't get involved."

"You are being fair, it's the least she can do." He says and I nod "Do you think Calvin knows?"

"I doubt it, But I really don't care about what's going on with him, I have enough shit going on with Sindi's dad wanting me to marry her." I say and Prince laughs out loud.

"I swear, the weed that he's smoking is of high quality." He says in between laughs and I laugh too, trust Prince to turn this into a joke.

"So what will you do? Will you fold?"

"No fucking way, I don't love her and I definitely don't want to be with her. What does he think this is?" I ask feeling pissed off again. The audacity to think he can make me marry his daughter, He's not thinking straight.

"I hear you my guy. But it can't all be dark and gloomy in your life right? Tell me some good news man. Put a smile on my face because this shit aint it. If it's not your birth mother it's your crazy ex. Tell me something exciting to get rid of this damp vibe we've got going on here."

When he says this my mind immediately goes to Pula. She's the good thing in my life right now.

" You're thinking about her, aren't you? "He playfully punches my shoulder and my smile grows.

" I don't want to scare her off, man but with all this drama going on, I don't know. "

" Don't you think if she wanted out she would have ran the day Sindi came by your office? " he asks and I remember that instead of walking out she got up and hugged me then told me everything was going to be fine

"You're right...she would have."

"Exactly, Just make sure she doesn't ever feel like she's forcing the relationship. It might get tricky if this turns out to be your baby but if you really love her then you'll make it work."

"I'm already slacking. It's been over two months and I haven't taken her on a proper date."

"Yes you are slacking, that's not how I taught you. You need to do better." he scold me and I roll my eyes at him

"You know I'm the teacher here so don't even try. But you're right. I do need to do better." I say already thinking of something to do with her.

I stay and chat with Prince a little longer then I get on the road again, This time I'm going to see Pula. Although it's already dark, she insisted that we meet at a park nearby where she stays. Then she drove there first to be able to send me the location.

When I get there I park nexr to her car and she gets off the car. There's a couple of other cars parked here and people sitting around the benches so I'm glad she wasn't alone all this time.