2: Devitt's Origin II

*7 months later.*
Bray Ireland
May 25th 2065
3:30 PM

Outside a gravesite is a newly graduated Oliver Devitt wearing the green shemagh Beth gave him. He has three sets of flowers in a basket as he looks at the old gates of the cemetery.

Oliver takes a deep sigh and begins walking into the cemetery walking past many tombstones. Oliver has a slight messy stubble and his hair is now unkempt instead of looking presentable, not that he cares about looking nice.

Oliver continues on walking till he finds himself before three tombstones, the graves of Vince, Ava, and Beth Kelly. Oliver neatly places the flowers before the tombstones and kneels before them once he's done.

"Hey guys... It's me Ollie if you can even hear me." Oliver says trying to keep his emotions in check. "I... Graduated though just barely by the skin of my teeth." He blurts out.

Oliver covers his face with his hands feeling the small scar on his nose as he looks at the tombstones.

"You guys treated me soo well like I was part of the family... Goddamn it." Oliver lets out crying from this. "You all should've lived till natural causes caught up but..."

Oliver can't finish his sentence crying as his tears hit his jeans and looks at Beth's gravestone.

"Goddamn it I miss you Beth, I woke up everyday hoping to see you and you made my days better even when they were god awful." Oliver cries out against Beth's gravestone hugging it desperately as if Beth is gonna suddenly appear.

Oliver soon has negative thoughts running through his head which are mainly about his father... And God.

"Is this your plan? Huh!? For a sweet girl like Beth to die at the hands of a piece shite!?" Oliver yells up at the sky as if he's speaking to God.

Oliver just drowns in his guilt but feels a hand touch his shoulder as he turns to see Jon. Oliver is pulled into a comforting hug as Oliver cries into his shoulder.

"Shhh lad it's okay." Jon says rubbing the back of Oliver's head who greatly appreciates this.

The two stand before the gravestones while sharing a drink since Oliver can now legally drink as he coughs a bit from how strong it.

"So ahem... They any closer to finding him?" Oliver questions with emotion but he's keeping it in check barely.

Jon looks at Oliver with concern of what his reaction might be.

"No... It's practically gone cold apparently." Jon replies.

Oliver scoffs heavily in annoyance.

"The one time they had to actually do their jobs where it was easy and they can't even do it." Oliver states bitterly and takes a big swig of the drink.

Jon again looks with concern as he knows Oliver is suffering greatly.

"I got no idea what I wanna do, I almost don't wanna do anything except die at the end of a bottle." Oliver admits.

"Ollie lad, that's not what they would want for you... You just need a good purpose to live." Jon stares as Oliver nods in agreement.

"But what purpose is that? I should've died with Beth, but I'm alive for some reason... Like God wants me to suffer for whatever reason." Oliver blurts out.

Jon fully turns to Oliver and pats him on the shoulder making Oliver face him.

"I got something that'll give you purpose and it'll be a good outlet for you... Go to this address and enter the building with the Celtic knot once you see it... When you're ready of course." Jon says handing him an address card.