four | pall mall

✿

JOSIE COULD NOT BELIEVE IT. To start with, Lady Whistledown had been rather amusing, but now she was starting to aggravate Josie. The mad woman thought that two Bridgerton brothers were interested in Josie's hand, which was certainly not the case.

Though, Josie's mind was lingering on Colin's previous heartbreak. Maybe Josie was a little curious — too curious in fact. So, Josie found herself in the playroom, embracing all three of her nieces and nephew before her eyes were on Clara.

"Clara, do you have copies of Lady Whistledown from last season?" Josie asked.

"I do," Clara answered, raising her eyebrows. "I wouldn't have thought you'd be one to take interest in gossip."

"I'm not," Josie insisted.

"Perhaps a certain Bridgerton then?" Clara guessed.

Josie scowled at that. "I am just merely interested in the drama."

Clara did not believe that, but she still told Josie where the articles were kept. Come to the afternoon, Josie had read through the articles, not feeling any better. Of course, she had known that Colin had ended up engaged, but neither Freddie nor Colin had told her that Marina Thompson had been with child from another man.

And knowing Colin, he would have still married Marina if she had just told him. Colin Bridgerton was honourable like that, but still naive enough to fall into the trap. Josie was not going to fall into the entrapment of marriage.

Though, thinking of Colin caused Josie's mind to wander back to Greece.

1814 — GREECE

For a week, they had ventured to the beaches of Crete with Josie adoring the little towns with the residents happily welcoming them. The weather was cooler now compared to the long summer months, where Josie was relieved to not be sticky for once.

Freddie had set up his easel as he painted the scenery, finding a moment of silence with Josie knowing that he was set for a few hours. While Josie could not wander off without her brother, she was happy to sit watching the world go by — maybe even write too.

The beaches of Greece were mesmerising with their crystal clear waters and golden sand, twinkling beneath the sun. As Josie's light irises scanned along the beach, her eyes found Colin Bridgerton sitting on the sand in just a white shirt and breaches. In his hand, he held a journal as Josie's head tilted to the side, suddenly curious.

And when Josie was curious, she could not ignore it.

So, she found herself walking towards Colin, hooking up her skirts a little so that they did not brush along the sand.

"Colin Bridgerton, are you writing?" Josie asked.

"Why does that surprise you?" Colin questioned, closing the journal.