Is Max biologically related to any of the Lost Boys?

Okay okay. Just hear me out:

So we know how the four Lost Boys were all sired by Max. However, Max seems to show some affection towards David. He doesn't show it to any of the other boys. For example, after Sam literally blows up Dwayne with the stereo in the living room (right by the entrance), Dwayne's body would be clear to see. Max completely ignores him upon coming into the home with Lucy. He moves right to where David is.

Now. If we talk about the sequels (I know, I don't want to talk about them either, but it's necessary), we meet a vampire named Shane Powers. We don't know who sired Shane. But he refers to David as his brother (little tidbit: Shane is played by Kiefer's actual paternal half-brother, Angus Sutherland). Now, he was turned in 1987, when the Lost Boys attacked the surfer nazis. He was one of said surfer nazis. So why was he turned?

With Max's influence looming over him, I doubt it was simply recklessness on David's part, which resulted in Shane's turning. The thing to note here is that David is Shane's sire. Not Max. Now, again with the sequels' problems. Shane didn't become a full vampire by killing a human. No. He killed a shark. That goes against EVERYTHING we've seen or heard. 

But back to David. If this was reckless behaviour, why would David have gotten a pass? A lot of what David does seems to go under Max's radar, yet he is never punished. Max also never speaks to any of the boys directly, except for telling them to leave his store, during which he stares right at David. David being the "leader" doesn't make any sense to explain that. After all, Max is their sire and is the one in control. And the boys do as he says (i.e. turning Michael to lure Lucy to Max). 

In a nutshell, Max trusts David with more, and he watches David more. David is the only one who receives an outward gesture of affection, as well (when Max touches his face gently). Max's expression also falls upon seeing David's fate. He isn't saddened with Dwayne's exploded body the way he is with David. Anyway, just my thinking.