Maybe I'm The Problem.

"That's just it you never listen Kacchan!" 

Here we were, yet again, arguing over something so small it shouldn't matter. 

"I listen plenty Deku you just never notice when I do! God, what the hell do you think this is?" I pointed to the wedding band on my finger. "If I never listened we wouldn't be married!" 

Deku's face twisted from anger to  complete rage. 

"Kacchan that wasn't listening it was seeing a neon sign in front of your face! I gave you every sign I could without screaming it at you! If you're ignorant enough to use our marriage to prove a point listen to me now! If I'm wasting my time I'll leave, because I don't feel like your husband, I feel like a trophy." 

I released a breathe I didn't know I was holding, the pressure release in my lungs being nearly painful. I scoffed and flung my hands in the air in aggravation, only seeing Deku flinch from the motion. 

"Deku..." My voice caught. "You're scared of me."

Tears filled his pain ridden eyes. "Kacchan, it isn't like that-"

"But it is Deku! Don't you see? No one, no one, thought we would work. Maybe they were right, we fight all the time, we can never agree, and now I can't make you feel safe. We should've called it quits before it could be like this." I was ripping my own heart out, but I had too.

"Please Kacchan I didn't mean-" 

"Leave." I turned away from him.

"Kacchan please I don't want too." He pleaded.

"You don't want too, but you need too." I turned slightly, showing just the side of my face. My eyes were threatening tears. 

"Kacchan I'm not-"

"DEKU WE NEED A BREAK, CAN'T YOU SEE?! JUST GIVE ME SOME TIME!!" I screamed over him, drowning in my thoughts.

He looked at me, tears streaming down his face, then turned to the door. 

"Please- just let me know your okay. We can talk when you're ready. Goodbye, Kacchan."

He slammed the door behind him.

I sat on the floor with my back to the door, sobs escaping from my chest. 

"I love you" I whispered through sobs. "but you can't love me, Deku."

---

Enjoyed the pain? :) I know you didn't you angsty little shit, but if you have a recommendation lmk :D