Chapter 3

A little refresher before we start;
| Lily - 16 |
| Dice (Louis) - 13 |
| Match Box (Patrick) - 15 |
| Gabe - 14 |
| Muddy (Nathan) - 17 |
| Chain (William) - 16 |
| Zack - 13 |
| Trevor - 14 |
| Pence (Harry) - 18 |
| Teddy - 21 |

Let's be honest. Who on earth actually sleeps the night before an important day? Answer = Not. Me. Couldn't say the same for the boys though. Last night Teddy went back to his place and most of the boys, with the exception of Pence and Muddy, headed straight to bed.

But now it was morning and the sun was almost over the horizon. I sat on the roof, taking in the last few moments I had with the place. I let out a deep sigh before heading back down the fire escape and into the older boys' room. Of course they were all still asleep, though I don't know how they can sleep through their loud snoring.

I grab Trevor's small bag of shooters (marbles) and quietly drop them into the tin leak-bucket. Grinning wildly, I lift the bucket and begin violently shaking it, causing my body to rock with it.

The boys woke up immediately, of course, tumbling out of bed and attempting to snatch it from my grasp. "Wake. Up. Today is a big day and I won' let you bums be wasting our time cause ya tired!" I said in a snarky but exited tone.

"Will youse shut up! To early to be this loud!" Muddy sneered trying to fall back to sleep.

"Forgettin' that you guys made mes wash your clothes for today? Sos you can get up now and be dressed by the times we leaving. Or youse can leave looking like that!" I warned with a thick accent and gestured to the nighties they were wearing.

"Come on, getcha lazy behinds up." Pence sighed and walked to the bathroom. One by one the boys followed and I brought their clothes down from the roof.

I scurried off to my room and changed into the nice blouse I have and the tan skirt. I fixed up my hair into a half-up-half-down (yes, yes ik. 1890's, and not accurate. But this is my story and I think it would look cute. Sorry) and slipped on my boots. I stuff my night clothes into the luggage bag Mr. Hamson gave me. He didn't want me to have to display my 'lady things' in some bag around the boys. But I couldn't bring myself to tell him that I'm leaving-leaving so Teddy will have to explain when they return.

Teddy arrived and I went to meet him, putting my bag into the wagon. I was nicer than I expected with real polished wood. "Oooooooh, pulled by two horses and a cushioned driver's seat!" I swooned teasingly, "Teddy you have outdone yourself!"

He laughed and nudged me with his elbow. "Thank the man who paid for it." He joked.

"Thank you 'Mr. Teddy's Boss!" I said to the sky. I turned back to the Lodge and stood at the bottom of the steps. "BOYS! TEDDY'S HERE! LET'S GO!" I shouted. They came bumbling down the stairs, each one tryina get past the other. Boys. I said to myself.

"Aye! Aye! Careful with the floorboards, the merchandise is stacked right unda it!" Teddy shouted, "I ain't 'fraid to drop youse on the side of the road if I find anything damaged!"

~~~~~~~~~~

It was already midday when we first saw the glittering waters. But across it was an even better view. I couldn't help it, I squealed at the sight of Staten Island. We all gawked at the view, leaning over the sides of the wagon.

"Is it de size you e'magined when you pictured New York?" Teddy leaned back to look at me. He smirked slyly.

"Bigger, way bigger!" I beamed.

"Ya ain't seen nothin' yet Lily!" He taunted.

I knew his tactics too well. If he thinks he can scare me out of New York then he's clearly forgotten how stubborn Ise can be. Jersey girls don't come to play after all!

Teddy drove the wagon to the end of a huge bay and left to go talk to several fisherman. "Youse don't think he's lost do you?" Dice asked.

"Use your eyes Dice. New York right there in front of you." Gabe teased and Dice swatted his newsboy cap off. But before they could even get into a tumble Match pulled Gabe back. I swear their newsie caps to them is like the rosary to a nun. It defines what they are. They'd neva sell without 'em and 'course they're all wearing theirs.

Soon Teddy came back. "Ok so my guy's busy at the moment so we's gonna hitch a ride with a friend of his." He explained which none of us really bothered to worry about. That is until he started to drive the wagon towards the water. All of a sudden we were crossing into New York in a wagon. On a boat. Over water. To Sheepshead Bay.

••••••••••
I'm sooooo sorry for such a short chapter but it was necessary.

The original chapter was wayyyy too long and I needed to cut it down into two parts.

But yay! They made it to New York. I'm not gonna give anything big away but I will say that some of your favorite characters are going to be showing up soon ;)

Reminder that all of my updates will be random and to not count on me to have a schedule lol.

I will push through this story until it is finished as always and may come back to edit in the future.

Thank you for reading :)