Chapter 5

Quick refresher and also heights (the real characters I just guessed off of photos)
| Lily - 16 - 5'3 |
| Dice (Louis) - 13 - 5'3 |
| Match Box (Patrick) - 15 - 5'7|
| Gabe - 14 - 5'5 |
| Muddy (Nathan) - 17 - 5'9 |
| Chain (William) - 16 - 5'10 |
| Zack - 13 - 5'0 |
| Trevor - 14 - 5'6 |
| Pence (Harry) - 18 - 6'1|
| Teddy - 21 - 6'3|
And some recent characters
| Jack - 17 - 6'0 |
| Boots - 15 - 5'5 |
| Mush - 16 - 5'7 |
| Bumlets - 16 - 5'7 |
| Kid Blink - 17 - 5'8 |
| Crutchie - 16 - 5'9 |
| Racetrack - 16 - 5'6 |

"Let's getta move on. See ya Ian!" Teddy called over his shoulder and Ian, his coworker, nodded. It was our second day in New York and we were already back in the wagon, driving up to Manhattan. We didn't get up as early as yesterday but we were still kind of groggily about it.

The wagon made a quick jolt and we were off. It was all our first time seeing the Brooklyn bridge and we were in awe. Teddy was probably grateful for the few minutes of silence before we bursted out questions.

"This bridge has gotta be ova a hundred feet, right?" Match Box shouted, leaning over to look at the water.

"Yay, youse should jump off it! We'll watch ya swim the rest'a the way!" Pence added and shoved Match playfully.

"Will we ever come backs to Brooklyn?" Asked Gabe.

"Yeah, we're gonna use the same port to get back." Teddy leaned over as the wagon drove off the bridge and into Manhattan.

I pulled myself up next to Teddy in the driver's seat. "Where's our next stop?" I asked taking in the high tops of the borough.

"Technically wes don't have to be at the shop till tomorrow. For now I'm jus' gonna show you guys round Lower Manhatt'n. Wanted to be up early so I'd have time to give youse the full tour." Teddy chuckled.

"And?" I pushed further.

"How 'bout we jus' look around?"

"I was hoping you'd say Central Park or Times Square, but I guess if we have time!" I smirked teasingly, sliding back into the trunk.

Suddenly a loud bell rang a few blocks away. The boys instinctively looked in its direction as if they were back at the Lodge. What a bunch of hound dogs, haha. It came from a tall building that towered over the others around it. I chuckled. Old habits die hard.

"Sellin' time boys!" Muddy jokes and the others tighten their news caps and laugh, including Teddy.

"Don't think it was a circulation bell?" Trevor questions.

Teddy looks down at his watch, "I'd say it's 'bout that time over 'ere. It's coming from The World Building. Them newsies would be lining up right now."

"Could we check it out?" I asked.

"What, youse thinking of selling today?" Chain teased and I rolled my eyes.

Teddy agreed and parked the wagon a block away from the building. We walked over but split up into groups as we entered the square. Teddy, Trevor, Chain, and Pence. Muddy, Zack, and Gabe. Finally Dice, Match, and I. We agreed to be back at the wagon by the time the lamps were lit. I glanced at a clearly worn out sign. 'Newsies Square' the sign read. It isn't as grand as or as 'square' as you'd imagine. Shops and apartments lined the street and a statue of a sitting man was in the center. It's basically a wide street but with lots of venders and people walking about. Nothing special. But it's where we spotted our first newsboys of the day. Actually a lot of newsboys, around 30-50 at least.