Chapter 4

A little refresher before we start;
| Lily - 16 |
| Dice (Louis) - 13 |
| Match Box (Patrick) - 15 |
| Gabe - 14 |
| Muddy (Nathan) - 17 |
| Chain (William) - 16 |
| Zack - 13 |
| Trevor - 14 |
| Pence (Harry) - 18 |
| Teddy - 21 |

Teddy turned dramatically and waved his arms above his head, "I present to you gents, and lady, Brooklyn!" To say Brooklyn is big is an understatement. It's huge! We docked, payed the fisherman, and road off. We eventually stopped and parked outside of a storage building. Two men walked out and greeted Teddy, clearly familiar with each otha. "Ise gonna unload the wagon. Still got some business down 'ere before we head to Harlem. So goes look around. Enjoy yourselves, but don't leave the group and be back 'ere by noon!"

"Got it motha!" Zack teased and we all chuckled. Muddy ruffled his hair playfully.

We walked off in a random direction just taking in the scenery. "Why don't wes go find some otha newsies and make ourselves familiar with this bo'ough?" Chain asked excited. Well, truthfully we were all excited to find otha newsies. Meet your broddas from the other side. Kind of like seeing cousins for the first time from the side of the family you never met.

We all agreed of course and asked around for where the big newsie selling spots were. Turns out the best place to sell round Sheepshead is a place called Sheepshead Races. Go figure.

So we head over. One thing to note about Sheepshead Races is they's loud, really loud. But not from the horses, from the people who come to watch. New York is noisier than expected. We're of course all beaming, this place is swarmin' with newsboys shouting out headlines or simply placing bets. They stared at us oddly as we passed as if we were some type of aliens from a whole odda world. A few even winked at me or tried calling out to me. No thank you.

Trevor let out a low whistle, "Would'ja take a look at all the 'hot stuff' New York has showing!" He shouted, winking at several girls as we passed by. They of course stayed unfazed by Trevor's 'charms.'

"Youse telling me..." Match said, grinning at every girl that simply glances at him. Ugh, boys!

"TERRORIZIN' TIGER ESCAPES TRAFFICKERS! LOCALS FEAR FOR THEIR LIVES!" A voice shouts above the noise. I turn in the direction of the boy. He looked not older than 15 with light skin and dark brown, almost black, hair that laid flat on his head. He had a classic newsie cap, white shirt with a yellow plain vest, grey pants with black boots, and a gold chain that hung on his belt.

"That's a pretty good headline for a day like this," I said walking over to him, "Where did'ja ya come up with that one?" I ask chuckling.

He turned to me and his expression turned smug. He fixed his vest before walking the rest of the way, all while smirking. "How'a'bout youse buy a pape and find out, doll face." He answers with a thick Italian accent, handing over a newspape to me.

I chuckled and rummaged in my pocket for a penny. I handed it over and put the pape under my arm. "'S there a pretty name Ise should call you by?" He asked.

"Liliana Barker, but I goes by Lily." I answered. "What should Ise call you?"

"The names Higgins, Racetrack Higgins. Youse not from 'ere are ya?" Racetrack asked. Seriously though, what kind of a name is Racetrack? Probably a nickname.

"How could ya tell?" I asked tilting my head.

"Some'im 'bout your accent ain't sittin' right for a New York'r." Racetrack explained. Wow and I thought Jersey's didn't talk right. How'd'ya understand these boys half of the time??