Hunted

After a good hour or so, the fire died out but I was already sleeping. I tend to get tired often so I was the first one to fall asleep. I was sleeping peacefully, forgetting what I saw out by the lake but I was disturbed when I heard a twig snap.

I quickly open my eyes and immediately my heart starts to pound. I tried to move around my tent as little as possible and slowly and quietly unzip the entrance to look at what made the noise.

I look out into the darkness trying to find whatever made the noise. The fire was completely out making it almost impossible to see. Some of the campers fell asleep in their chairs. They probably got drunk or something but how could you sleep out in the forest at night? Even during summer, the nights can get chilly.

At first, I was thinking I might be paranoid about what happened earlier thinking it might be some squirrel and raccoon roaming around the forest making all the noise until I heard more twigs snap and the ground starts to slightly shake. My attention was brought back into the darkness until I see something I thought only existed in myths and legends.

I saw a very large creature walking up to the camp. Maybe a dragon or something but it only had two legs. I didn't know what type of dragon this was or if it was a dragon. I knew there was a name for this creature, oh what was it? Hmmm, oh that's what it is, it's a wyvern. It's a dragon but it only has two legs like a human but it still has wings.

The creature was looking around the camp until it walked up to one of the campers sleeping in their chair. It was sniffing the person until out of nowhere it bit the person and they started to scream and squirm in its mouth as it was lifted in the air. I stared at this horrifying scene, my heart pounding until the dragon bit down harder causing blood to spill out as the camper screamed in agony until its body was cut in half. I nearly scream but I held my hands over my mouth. I don't remember this from the script, was this a prop dummy or robot that was snapped in half by the dragon? I surely hope so because the other damper wakes up from this and screams as the dragon looked down.

The noise woke everyone up including my parents who were also in the tent with me and the dragon froze before it charged at the camp with its mouth open trying to eat them. Thankfully the camper dodged the attack and the dragon hit a rock boulder causing it to stumble onto the ground. This was our chance to escape and run into the forest. This sounded dumb, running into the forest at night but it was better than facing that dragon that's trying to kill us.

We all got out of our tents to run into the forest while my dad and two other campers brought out their guns and tried shooting at the dragon. The dragon roared in pain and it attack everyone but they were buying us time to get away. My mom grabs my hand as we run away and the last thing I saw was my dad getting smacked into the air by the dragon's tail, making him go flying into the trees. Not wanting to get a horrible fate, I run as fast as I can, away from the monster. Soon we stopped hearing gunshots which could mean the monster finally finished off the three other humans and now it would hunt for us.

It was difficult to see in the darkness but we were able to run deep into the forest without getting caught. Once in a while, we could hear blood-curling screams echoing from the distance, indicating they have been caught and most likely killed by the monster.

Mom: "Honey, I need you to be brave and keep running as fast as you can, ready? Go!"

We both take off sprinting. Even as a young male I was able to run past my mom which only slowed us down but we were able to reach a grass clearing that allowed us to rest in the tall grass.

I don't know if this was acting or for real because I don't see any cameras around but the fear was real. My legs and hands were shaking making it incredibly difficult to control my fear. We take a moment to catch our breath until we hear something flying in the air and we see the monster has flown on top of a large rock roaring at us, showing off its beauty but its power.