A new family

Veera's POV
. . .

Veera: "Wakey, wakey Y/N, it's time for breakfast."

I lightly nuzzle Y/N's body as he lightly shuffles in his sleep. I start to purr and he swings his arms at me and hits my nose. Normally I get mad if someone hits me, especially if it's just some random stranger or someone I just met but I couldn't get mad at Y/N...I wouldn't want to scare him again.

I lightly chuckle and lick his face. He groggily opens his eyes and looks at me with a tired expression as he wipes his eyes.

Y/N: "Mom?"

Mom? Mom?! Did he really call me mom? I start to blush at the fact that he called me mom. Of course, he was tired and I woke him up so suddenly but it was cute seeing him call me mom.

Speaking of being a mom, last night I was thinking of adopting Y/N. It's a big decision to make even though he has parents but I don't think they are very good parents.

I know I still have to make up my mistake to Y/N but I feel like I want him. I want him not just because of what I did but because I want to take him away from his terrible, greedy parents.

Humans are greedy. That's one way to describe them. No wonder why dragons didn't like humans back then.

Even though I have two children waiting to be hatched, I feel like I need him. It's like he activated something in me that I can't explain. It's like love but it's much more than that. It's a weird feeling like...I want to protect him, love him, and keep him safe.

I pondered on what this feeling was until I finally realized what it what.

It's my maternal instincts.

Fuck it, I'm going to adopt him. I just hope he will be willing to do it but I have to get his parent's permission first. I finally snap back to reality and look down to see Y/N rubbing his eyes and yawning while stretching.

Veera: "Oh I'm not your mommy sweetie, it's me, Veera. Remember?"

Y/N looks at me again and nods his head slowly with his half-open eyes as if he ignored what I said and nodded anyways.

Veera: "Good, now I know you're still getting used to your new body but you need to eat and I know your body is yearning for food since having a new body doesn't come without much energy."

Y/N: "mmmhmmm..."

Veera: "I see you're still tired, okay come on let's get you breakfast."

I pick up Y/N with my muzzle and bring him to the kitchen table so we can all eat breakfast together. Vel was already sitting at the table waiting for us both and when Y/N saw him I could tell that he was nervous. He was holding onto my muzzle tighter and shifted around.

Veera: "What's wrong Y/N? I can sense you're nervous."

Y/N: "I-it's h-him he t-tried to eat me!"

Y/N points at my mate Vel as if he was some kind of criminal.

Vel only looks back at us, confused about what is going on. I grab Y/N and bring him in front of me and give him a concerned look.