Midnight Troubles - Sova

It hasn't been long since you got introduced to the valorant protocol. It was hard trying to get comfortable. When you first arrived, it was incredibly overwhelming. So many new people. You've never been a social butterfly.

After a few more weeks you were starting to get used to the place. You decorated your room the way you like, befriended some of your fellow agents and went on your very first mission. The mission was a mess. Brimstone forgot to inform you that there was another earth, whose mirror valorant agents keep on trying, and sometimes succeeding in stealing this world's radianite.

Long story short, you saw your copy on the field. You froze. Your fellow agents quickly noticed what had happened, and pulled you aside and dealt with the situation.

When you finally got back to the base, you felt bad about the situation. You went on the mission to help out and be useful. Instead you were in the way of the work that had to be done. Brimstone had apologised for not informing you on the tiny detail, and promised to send you all the information they had gathered up to that moment.

So here you are right now. Reliving that moment while feeling bad and trying to sleep. Overthinking was something you'd always been good at. After some turning and light swearing after you saw the time you decided to roll out of your bed and go grab a cup of tea in the shared kitchen, and maybe relax on the couch as well.

Walking out of your room, you quietly walk towards the kitchen, hoping you don't wake anyone up at this ungodly hour.

After a few minutes you finally get to sit down on the couch, sighing happily with the cup of tea in your hands. Maybe this will work wonders. Lost in your thoughts, you let out a squeak when you hear a voice behind you. "Still up at this hour, a/n?" The person asks.

You turn around and see the Russian hunter standing behind you, looking slightly amused. In the last couple of weeks since you really started to get to know everone you've grown quite fond of him and his company. He seems so trustworthy and honest, wich is something you really value. He's also incredibly selfless and not to mention pretty darn good-looking. You quickly shake your head to get out of your thoughts and share your troubles with him.

"Yeah, I'm having a hard time sleeping after today's events." You frown. "Why are you still up, Sova?" You ask, genuinely wondering what this man is up to at 4 in the morning. "I was out in the mountains close to base, beautiful night for hunting small prey." He says, grinning while holding up his bow. "But on a more serious note, a/n. If you need to talk about your troubles I am all ears."

You look at the hunter, taking a good look at all his features. When you look into his eyes, the amount of sincerity and the small sliver of worry you can see tints your cheeks a soft pink. "Thank you, Sova. I appreciate it." You smile at him.

He walks over to the couch and sits down next to you. He looks at you and nods his head, telling you to start talking. "So it's kind of stupid, because I know it wasn't my fault but I just got so upset with myself because of all the things I could've done when I saw my double I froze. I felt so darn vulnerable in that moment. I keep on thinking what if you guys didn't pull me aside, what if someone got hurt because of me?"

He thinks for a moment. His response flusters you. He gives you a hug. "It is okay to have these thoughts. They are human. Just know we all do not blame you for anything that happened today and that the VP will always be here for you. This is why we train alongside one another. Get used to each other and most importantly be there for each other. I'm sure you will do wonderful on our next mission, a/n." Your response is to simply tighten your grip around him, and you can see his ear turn a almost unnoticeable shade of pink.

You pull away and stare at him for a bit too long, even though he is doing exactly the same. As you notice yourself staring, you quickly look at the cup of tea you had placed on the table earlier and reach out to it. You can feel his gaze lingering on you. You take the slightly warm cup and wrap your hands around it, trying to look for the warmth the cup had minutes ago. You turn back to him and to your surprise he is still staring at you.

You quickly change to another topic to talk about, and decide to ask him about the hunting he did tonight. You can see his eyes light up when you ask, and he's eager to tell you about his adventure. An hour or so passes by, and you two got pretty comfortable on the couch. Both sipping on tea, laughing about funny stories you shared with each another. There was definitely something going on between you guys.

As the clock was nearing 5, you both decided it was a good idea to call it a night. You put your cups in the sink and hugged each other goodnight. You look up, so you can see his eyes. He's already looking at you. He lets go of you and places one hand on your cheek, caressing it, his other hand resting on your hip. "May I?" He asks, looking at your lips and back. You nod, leaning in. Everything tunes out and you can only see him. He smells so good, his hand cups your face perfectly. Your lips almost touch, and you haven't felt this happy in ages.

"GOOD MORNING!!" A loud voice booms through the kitchen. You both quickly let go of one other and get some space in between you. Both of your faces bright red. "Good morning, Raze!" You manage to squeak out. Sova simply nods at her. Raze looks at you both and starts grinning. "Looks like I caught two early birds, huh!" She snickers. "Haha, get it? Get it?! Since you're a hunter and it's early!!!" You try to shush her and look at Sova, he's just grinning at this point. "Well, Raze. We were just about to sleep. It's been a long night." You nod in agreement. She winks at you and mouths 'Go get em' before continuing her way to the workshop. Sovs pulls you close and he softly plants a kiss on your head. "Goodnight." You smile and look at him. "Goodnight!" You both go your seperate ways for now, exicted about what the near future has to bring.