-Chapter Seven-

Aster

Aster had been ninety-five percent sure that they were in Oclor.

It made sense. Oclor wasn't the richest of the kingdoms, nor the most powerful. Kidnapping young royals would probably mean more of everything for them. Plus, none of the princes of Oclor were here. She was even crafting a plan based off of everything she had read about the kingdom.

But that all changed when Prince Kieran was dumped roughly into their cell by the big disrespectful brute, unconscious.

He landed at an awkward angle, his left shoulder taking most of the fall. His eyes remained closed, but a grimace of pain stretched across his face.

Too exhausted to make another leap towards the half-open door, Aster watched as James locked the cell back up, pausing with one meaty hand wrapped around a bar.

"He'll be in to see you soon." The man rasped, and then lumbered off.

Tasia shifted forward to study Prince Kieran's disturbed face. Hesitantly, she reached out a hand and turned the boy over so he was laying on his back, in a more comfortable position. His breath rose and fell gently.

"He?" Calix questioned quietly. "I wish they wouldn't be so cryptic."

There was an amused giggle from the mysterious girl across from them.

Aster narrowed her eyes, swinging her head toward the cell. "Look, prisoner, you can't be laughing over there when you're too cowardly to even tell us your name." Her voice, which she usually tried to keep on the apathic, calm side, came out snappy and she felt herself glaring at the blonde girl.

"My name," The girl said calmly, "Is Odessa."

A surprised silence filled their cell.

"But please, by the moons, call me Dessi. My mother gave me that name, and well, she's dead."

Calix's eyes went wide, and Aster could feel a caught off guard expression climbing onto her face. What in Alleria...?

"Although, she was an ignorant bigot, so don't worry." Dessi continued, like she couldn't care less. "I cursed her name every day."

"Um. Will you answer our questions now?" Tasia asked hopefully. The Castreaic princess had been mostly quiet and brooding since Aster had gotten locked up with them, so her voice was a bit of a surprise.

Dessi huffed out a long sigh. "I suppose I don't have anything better to do. But." She waved a finger in the air. "There are some I can't answer."

Aster tapped her feet against the hard floor impatiently. "Why?"

"'Cause he'll gut me like a fish if I say anything. The only real reason I'm in here instead of dead is because he wants me to suffer as much as I can." Dessi shrugged nonchalantly. "Go."

"Where are we?" Aster launched into the first question quickly. She was not in the mood for semantics.

Dessi shook her head. "Nope."

"Are we at least in one of the kingdoms?" She pressed, but the girl just gave her a funny and confused look.

Calix was fiddling with some sort of band on his arm with an anxious air. "Who is 'he?'" The prince asked.

"Can't tell you that, either."

"Where are you from?" Tasia asked.

Dessi flashed a smile. "Here."

Aster nearly pulled out her hair in frustration. "And where's here?"

The blonde girl looked like she was enjoying this.