three | divide and capture

-THREE-

"Land ho!" Shouted Drinian. 

"The Lone Islands. The port of Narrowhaven." Rani grinned, hanging from the mast of the ship, her eyes trained on the horizon.

"Strange, not a Narnian flag in sight." Drinian gruffly said, handing his spyglass to Caspian, who replied, "But the Lone Islands have always been Narnia's. Seems suspicious."

"I say we prepare a landing party. Drinian?" Edmund turned to the man, who didn't budge.

"Forgive me, Your Majesty... but the chain of command starts with King Caspian and Lady Malviya on this ship." Replied Drinian.

"Right. We'll use longboats. Drinian, pick some men and come ashore." Rani said, swinging back down on deck from above. "Aye. Tavros. Man the longboats, furl the sail and prepare to drop anchor." Drinian nodded.

"Onward! The thrill of the unknown lies ahead." Reepicheep said loudly as he, Drinian, Rani, Lucy, Edmund and Caspian boarded the longboats along with Eustace.

"Couldn't this have waited till the morning?" Eustace whined.

"There is no honor in turning away from adventure, lad." Said Reepicheep.

"And one more word of complaint out of you, you'll have a rather personal encounter with my kindjals." Rani snarled.

"Where is everyone?" Asked Lucy, upon seeing the deserted land.

"Come on, jelly legs." Said Reepicheep to a struggling Eustace.

"I'm capable of doing it myself." Said Eustace, but very promptly fell out of the boat with a loud 'Oof!' 

"And you're certain he's related by blood?" Caspian muttered to Edmund.

"Reepicheep, stay here with Drinian's men and secure the place. We'll head on. If we don't come back by dawn, send a party." Rani turned and ordered. "Yes, my lady." Replied Reepicheep.

"Yeah, looks like nobody is in. Do you think we should head back?" Eustace asked, beginning to get nervous.

"Do you want to come here and guard...something?" Edmund asked hesitantly.

"Ah, yes. Good idea, cousin. Very, uh... logical." Eustace replied. Rani begrudgingly handed him a dagger as he hurriedly said, "I've got it. I've got it. Don't worry. Uh, I'm ready to go when you are." With an awkward wave of the heavy blade, he bade them goobye.

"Who are all these people? Why have they been crossed out?" Lucy wondered aloud when she saw a sheet stuck to the stone wall of the building they'd entered, as Rani trailed behind her hesitantly, like a bodyguard. 

"It looks like some kind of fee." Replied Rani, taking a closer look. Upon seeing the even and uniform way people's names had been crossed, she and Caspian realised in unison, "Slave traders."

A loud 'shrrr' sound came from above as people slid down from chains onto the ground around them. Rani's kindjals gleamed in her hands already, as she leapt at the men, ruthlessly slashing left and right. She'd injured a good lot of them and proceeded to help out Lucy, who was fighting off three men at once. 

"I've got your back, my Queen." Rani said, leaping in front of Lucy. The pair of them, three blades in total, basked in the shock on the men's faces for a moment before attacking again.

A loud, rather girly, scream sounded throughout the hall, making everyone freeze. In shuffled a man, holding none other than Eustace at knifepoint.

"Unless you want to hear this one squeal like a girl again... I'd say you should... drop your weapons." The man hissed.

"Like a girl?" Eustace scoffed, offended.

"Now!" Yelled the man, making the five people flinch. "Put it down." 

"Over my dead body." Rani spat. "Hands off the boy, Nurzamod." 

"You wish, little queen." Replied the man, Nurzamod. He nodded at someone, and she felt the cold, hard side of a dagger trail across the back of her neck. She was quite aware of it sliding around till it's edge stayed steady against her throat. "Put the knives down." Hissed a voice in her ear. She sheathed her kindjals, and felt herself almost burst with fury upon hearing Lucy gasp in astonishment at the action.

"Put them in irons." Ordered Nurzamod. "Especially the little queen."

"I am a pirate queen, you badtameez, besharam, kameene ka baccha--" (Ill-manered, shameless, rapscallion's child.) She swore at him as she was placed in heavy iron bonds.

 "Let's take these three to market." Nurzamod ignored the livid pirate. "Let go!" Lucy struggled.

"Send those two to the dungeons." He ordered, pointing at Caspian and Edmund.

"Listen to me, you insolent fool! I am your king!" Yelled Caspian. 

"You're gonna pay for that." Edmund spat.

"Actually... someone else is going to pay... for all of you." Said Nurzamod as Lucy, Eustace and Rani were being dragged away.

"No!" Rani struggled till her wrist almost dislocated. "Caspian!" She screamed for her brother, and at that moment, she was not Rani Malviya, Queen of the Pirates and the Sea. She was just a  scared young girl, calling out for her brother desperately. 

However, her efforts were in vain as Caspian too, was dragged away from her, the sound of him calling out her name as well, fading in the distance.

---
Short, shitty, stupid. I know. 

10 comments to ease yourself from this crappy chapter- 

dedicated to: TheBlackWidowsowhat
idkwhatimdoininlife

and Elda353! Tysm for commenting u guys ilysmmmm <33

Have a fabulous day/night!

With love and hugs,
Daisy Rose