six | oppressor

-SIX-

Rani lay next to Lucy, sleeping reasonably lightly. Her senses were sharp, and she was ready to jolt awake at any sign of danger. It was near dawn, when she heard voices. She heard them say, "The pirate girl...this one reads..." In hushed voices. Their footsteps were oddly low, and she tried to look around by moving as little as possible. 

All of a sudden, she was caught around the waist, and something muffled her scream. She was taken to a clearing and noticed how Lucy was floating in the air beside her. She looked around for her kidnapper, but found herself hovering above empty air. Could it be, that the offenders were invisible?

She twisted and turned around for a good while, till one of her hands were freed. She took her right kindjal from its sheath and stabbed around wildly. "Put them down!" Ordered a voice. She was placed down, as was Lucy. Immediately, both girls began to fight with...empty air. 

"Show yourselves, you cowards!" Rani snapped. "bring down the invisibility you are so foolishly hiding behind!" 

"We can't, ma'am." Said the voice. Another butt in, "Don't be so respectful, idiot!" 

"Sorry, Chief." Replied the voice. The others agreed. 

"There is no escape." Said a deep voice, who the pair assumed was the Chief.

"Well put. Scary. Yeah." Agreed the others.

"What are you?" Lucy asked, placing a hand on Rani's shoulder to keep her from doing anything drastic.

"We are terrifying invisible beasts. If you could see us, you would be really intimidated." Said the Chief.

"You forgot to mention that we are very large." Added another.

"Well, what do you want?" Lucy frowned.

"You. Both of you. You'll do what we ask." Said the Cheif.

"They will. Very clear. Well put. Yeah." Agreed the other voices.

"Or what?" Challenged the pirate.

"Or death." The chief said. The others first questioned then affirmed amongst themselves, "Death? Death? Death? Death. Death. Death."

"Well, we wouldn't be much use to you dead, would we?" Lucy scoffed.

"I hadn't thought of that." Said the chief.

"No, you hadn't." Scoffed Rani.

"Fair point. All right, then we'll just kill your friends." The chief's voice was almost gleeful.

"Ooh. Good idea." Agreed the others, making Rani crack her knuckles impatiently.

"What do you want with us?" Lucy asked.

"You will enter the house... of The Oppressor." Said the Chief.

"What house?" Rani questioned.

"This one," the invisible Chief opened a door to an invisible house, showing a stariscase lit by yellow lamplight. "Upstairs, you'll find The Book of incantations. Recite the spell that makes the unseen seen."

"Well put, Chief. Well put. Yeah. Yeah." Agreed the others.

"Well, go on. We haven't got all day. Remember what will happen to your friends. You've been warned." The Chief said, nudging both girls inside.

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Right. Right. Yeah." Agreed the others, making both girls huff in annoyance.

"Why don't you do it yourselves?" Lucy asked, pausing mid-step.

"We can't read. Can't write either, as a matter of fact." Said the Chief, "Or add."

"Yeah." Said the others.

"Why didn't you just say so?" Asked Rani, annoyed.

"Beware The Oppressor. He's very oppressive." Warned the Chief, ignoring her question, "'What makes the unseen seen,' got it? Don't forget."

 "Don't forget that. Yeah." The others agreed.

Both girls entered the house tentatively, feeling a little frightened. 

The house was silent, no sound could be heard as the pair trod on the soft wooden floor carefully, so as to not make any sound. They found a room, where a book lay closed on a reading-stand. Rani stood right outside the door, her hands on her kindjals, on guard. Despite having the pirate with her, Lucy felt uneasy, having her back towards the door. 

Feeling a little bored, Rani began to reminisce about her favourite memory, one with a certain brown-haired, hazel-eyed beauty.

Flashback

The Flintlocks had invaded an island, not too far from Calormen, looting, killing and kidnapping. 14-year-old Rani was leading them, for her father was ill and injured. She had given the order to scour the island for possible recruits, and was set on capturing it, hoisting their pirate flag from the tower of that castle on the hill. She caught her best mate and girlfriend, Kavita, by the hand and they snuck through the chaos of the battle till the palace gates. 

They entered from the servant's quarters, sneaking past the daft guards expertly. Kavita, with her impressive lock-picking skills got into the treasury vault. They filled plenty of sacks with gold, precious gemstones, and jewelry, keeping them near an exit incase they needed to escape only after they'd slaughtered any guard in sight.

The king, who was about to have his feast of a meal when the two pirates burst in, wasn't the best swordsman around and was easily defeated, allowing the pair to take over the kingdom with ease. They hoisted their flag from all the castle's flagpoles, only after they'd beckoned the crew for a feast in the dining room.

Once they'd returned to the ship with their loot and recruits, Rani was proud of the sheer number of men they'd collected. She'd been hoping for a few females too, but was still happy with the new members. She'd appointed a set amount of crewmates to the island, where they appointed one man King, and the others his courtiers. 

"And the territory expands!" Chuckled Bhima as she narrated everything. "You are a true pirate queen, sherni." (lioness)

"I couldn't have done it without Kavi." She wrapped an arm around her girlfriend's waist, who chuckled and replied, "You really couldn't." 

-End-

She was snapped out of her reverie when she heard someone other than Lucy inside the library. In a flash she'd entered, and was standing in front of the brunette. She heard fabric rustling near her right and immediately lunged, pinning a man to the ground. Her right kindjal was pressed against his throat, till he finally allowed himself to be completely visible.

"Forgive me for surprising either of you," said the man. Rani got off him and helped him up, noticing that he was harmless. "Who on earth are you?" She asked. 

"I am Coriakin." He said, "This is my island. Now, shall we return you both to your friends?"

Lucy smiled and allowed him to pass, as Rani glared daggers into the back of his head. 

"Oh don't glare at him, Rani." Lucy chuckled, taking the girl's hand. "He's being nice."

Rani rolled her eyes playfully and gave the brunette's hand a little squeeze, making both girls blush furiously as they exited the house. 

---
I hope you like this chapter! It's open-ended, I know. Sorry bout that.

20 comments for the next chapter <33

Dedicated to everyone who commented because rn i can't mention anyone thanks to le phone. 

Have a fabulous day/night!

With love and hugs,
Daisy Rose