26

Cleo's awakened by the sound of pants ruffling. It takes her out of her peaceful slumber as she groans and sits up to find Marc getting dressed, but even as she steps out of bed, he pays her no mind. He ties his shoes with his head facing the floor, even as she gets up to put on her clothes, he still doesn't acknowledge her. She laces up her boots, and from the corner of her eyes seem him walking towards the door, and decides to get up and put herself in front of him to prevent him from leaving. Marc barely makes any form of eye contact and Cleo examines his. She tries to find any clue as to his behavior, but it won't work unless he lets her in. He tries to reach behind her to open the door, but she side steps to stop him once more. He sighs as he puts his hand back to his side.

And yet, he still remains silent.

" Are we not going to talk about it?" Cleo asks, finding the confidence within to speak up.

" Talk about what?" Marc asks nonchalantly.

" Last night," She says simply.

" What about last night?" He asks.

" What would you call it?"

" Sex."

" Just sex?"

" I mean--"

" Did it mean anything to you?" Cleo questions, cutting him off before he can come up with another excuse.

He blinks a few times, finding himself caught a little off guard.

" What?"

" Did it mean anything to you?" She repeats with more emphasize on her words, " Because it sure as hell meant something to me."

Marc's eyes soften somewhat at her words. His brain lights up at the admittance of her feelings, but it might not be enough.

" I don't know," He sighs.

" You don't know or you don't want to say?" Cleo asks.

" I don't know."

" Would it have been any different if I was another woman?"

" I don't know."

" So last night was just no strings attached and meant absolutely nothing to--"

" I said I don't know, Cleo!" Marc exclaims, then takes a step closer to her, " I.Don't. Know," her eyes stay still, locked in his brooding ones, " I don't know how I feel about last night, I don't know what I want, and I don't know how I feel about you."

And he expects her to buy it. He expects her to believe that last night was a mistake, something that shouldn't have happened. He's been in his head all morning about letting it happen. About letting her get close to him. He knew that he shouldn't have, but the constant battle between duty and love is something that is not so easily won.

" I don't believe you," Cleo says ever so softly as she takes a step forward, " Kiss me."

" What?" Marc asks.

" If you don't know how you feel... kiss me," She whispers.

" Cleo, I--"

" Marc... please... Just kiss me."

He wants to hold back, he wants to fight every fiber of his being telling him to give in... but he can't.

Marc closes the gap between them, gripping Cleo by her jaw and shoving her back against the door as his lips crash against hers, making it increasingly difficult to hide his true feelings. Cleo feels a swarm of warmth in her chest as her lips clash against his, feeling his passion through the kiss, and also feeling him hold back.