36

Marc's eyelids flutter open, and suddenly he's back in his flat in London. The one with dozens upon dozens of books scattered all around, with a giant fish tank in the middle. He sits up in his bed as his eyes adjust to the light.

" Steven, you there?" Marc asks.

Steven hums in response as he takes control of the body.

" Can't believe that it worked," He comments.

Steven stretches his limbs outward and shakes his head in order to wake himself up. As he looks down, he sees the blankets house a lump in them.

Strange.

He follows the lumps up to the head of the bed, where he finds his darling Cleo fast asleep with Ana snuggled against her ribs. Her Eye of Horus tattoo is slightly visible from the blanket, and her long black hair is scattered and messy from her slumber. He smiles down at her, and leans down to cuddle against her body. He kisses her cheek and then leans down to whisper in her ear.

" Morning, love."

" Good morning, Steven."

" Morning, baby."

" Good morning, Marc."

And after so much torment, so many struggles and so much pain, they can actually enjoy their life together. Marc and Steven are free of Khonshu and are able to just exist.

After so long, they can finally be happy.

No more Khonshu.

No more slavery.

No more battles.

Just peace.

But then, one day, it all changed.

Cleo wakes up to her lover getting dressed rather quickly and quietly. Not even a good morning.

" What are you up to so early?" Cleo questions as she sits up.

" Don't worry about it," He states as he walks out of the flat.

Cleo sighs.

Oh well.

Maybe he's in a bad mood.

Maybe he just needs to clear his head.

But maybe, just maybe, he needs to pay a visit to a hospital.

Making his way through the staff.

Leaving dead bodies in his wake.

Even silencing a nurse who's alarmed by his presence.

He grabs hold of the blonde man in the wheelchair and escorts the heavily drugged patient out of the facility.

He takes him to a pure white limo and shoves him into the back.

He closes the door and kicks over the wheelchair as he climbs into the driver's seat.

And he waits for the knock on the partition before he lowers it to face his enemy.

" MEET MY FRIEND, JAKE LOCKLEY."

" Hoy es tu turno de perder."

Arthur Harrow dies with two bullet holes in his chest in the back of the pure white limo.

And Jake feels absolutely no remorse.

He did his job and he did it well.

He makes his way back to the flat and opens the front door as he takes off his hat.

He quietly steps over to the bedroom where he finds Cleo fast asleep, with Ana guarding her at the edge of the bed.

The cat growls and its ears turn back as Jake approaches, but he simply shoos her off the bed.

He lays down next to Cleo.

He wraps his arm around her body.

He nuzzles his nose against her hair, inhaling deeply to get her scent into his lungs.

He lets out a sigh as his leather glove-covered hands form into fists.

" Pronto estaremos juntas, mi vida. Pronto serás mío. (Soon we will be together, my life. Soon you will be mine.)"

𓂀 𝕋𝕆 𝔹𝔼 ℂ𝕆ℕ𝕋𝕀ℕ𝕌𝔼𝔻... 𓂀