Epilogue

Darkness' Eternal Bride

(Highly recommended to listen to the song in loop if you want to cry👍👍👍

UPDATE: wattpad continues to delete the songs I put, in case you don't find a song listen to Mr Loverman by Ricky Montgomery)

"...Sans asked you to stop me?"

You showed your husband the footage of what transpired between you and Sans, and he certainly didn't look pleasantly shocked. Quite the opposite actually.

He was more confused than before: he felt like he lost lots of stuff about it.

"...how is Sans able to see you? And...god, I'm so confused right now" he said as he rubbed his forehead in frustration.

You giggled as an answer.

"Dear, this is the simplest answer ever: he is my son, he shares my blood, that's why he is able to see me. And that's also the reason why you are here: you share my blood"

Realisation struck Gaster's mind: of course it had to be your blood, he couldn't feel Determination so that must have been why he was in the void in the first place.

And that must also have been the reason why he was the only one that could remember you. It was all because of your blood running in his body

However, he was in denial: right in that moment he despised humans, so he indeed felt conflicted standing right in front of you.

But traces of his old love for you still inevitably remained in him.

And they were awakening, even if he didn't want to realise it.

"No...stay away from me! You're a human like that murderer! You're just gonna kill everyone like they did!"

At that point however, you had enough: you grabbed again his collar and stared right into his alarmed pin-pricks.

"Shut. Up. Now you're just becoming crazy without a reason: why would I, your wife, and mother of your sons, decide to kill everybody? I sacrificed myself for your well-being! You can't just tell me that I will kill them all just because one human has done so!"

Gaster listened to you as if he was hearing the most shocking thing ever.

But what came next was more shoking than this: tears were filling your eyes, and you had to close them to contain yourself.

And seeing you cry awakened something in him, something he had long lost in those years in the void:

Compassion.

"Y/N, why are you crying?"

"D-do you think I have enjoyed sending you in that room for all these years in the void?! I have stayed in this place more years than you, so I know how it feels...but I just feel like I lost you now! You lost yourself and being unable to do anything to help you is so painful! Where's the man I love...? Where is the man I married?" you questioned between endless sobs.

He was speechless as he listened to you: old memories of when you both were still alive filled his mind.

He remembered when you put salt in his coffee and when he tampered the faucet so that it would wet you. He remembered when he had to take care of you when you had a fever and when you both went on your book date. He remembered when you endlessly cried until you fell in his arms.