10

Sunday September 17th 1985

📍Henderson house

Joanne Henderson

I wake up to the sound of the phone ringing on the night stand next to my bed. I groan as I sit up and see that the clock says 7:36 a.m, I reach over and grab the ringing landline from beside my bed, and put it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I greet tiredly

"Joanne, did I wake you up?" I hear Nancy's chipper voice ask from the other end of the phone.

"No, not at all I've been up for hours" I answer sarcastically rolling my eyes, even though she can't see me.

"Well that's good" she says again in a voice that's all too excited to be up at seven in the morning.

"What did you call for Nance" I sigh into the phone.

"Well we barely hang out anymore, and I'm not busy today, so I was hoping that if I called you early enough we could make a plan to go shopping today" she says.

"Fine, I'll be ready in an hour" I say giving in because I hate saying no to Nancy.

"Perfect, I'll pick you up at eight thirty" she says before hanging up.

I manage to shower and fix my hair in less than an hour, I'm putting on my favorite pink lipgloss when I hear Dustin call for me from the living room.

"JOANNE" he shouts "NANCY IS HERE FOR YOU"

I run down the hall and wave goodbye to my mother and Dustin before going out the front door and getting in the passenger side of Nancy's car.

"It feels like I haven't seen you in forever" Nancy says while pulling out of my driveway.

"I just saw you at school on Friday Nance" I remind her chuckling.

"I know, but we haven't really gotten a chance to talk" she sighs.

"Well we're here now, aren't we?" I ask shrugging.

"Yeah, yeah we are" Nancy nods from beside me.

Sunday September 17th 1985

📍Hawkins Outlets

Nancy and I got to the outlet malls around 30 minutes ago and neither of us had found anything good yet. Nancy was going on about needing to find a homecoming dress, and flying to California to go with Jonathan.

"Do you have a dress yet!" Nancy asks me while looking through a rack of dresses.

"Oh, I'm not sure if I'm going" I shrug.

"Why not?" she questions while pulling a glittery blue dress off the rack.

"It's not like anyone has asked me" I chuckle while looking through a pile of pink dresses.

"Is there anyone who you want to go with?" She questions.

"Not really Nance" I sigh going to sit on a bench in the corner of the store.