Thornpelt and Flowerpelt

Scenario: What if Thornpelt had exposed Falconclaw and become mates with Flowerstar.

Contains spoilers for the following books:
Dawnstar's Trouble
Flowerstar's Judgement
All of A New Horizon
All of Waging War so far

This is a scenario I think about a lot, and I didn't quite realize just how much their relationship would have completely changed the events that take place all the way up until Waging War. If these two would have become mates a lot would've changed, so let's go through it all.

Let's begin when Falconclaw attacked Flowerpelt. At this moment Thornpelt would've realized that his love for Flowerpelt was greater than his fear of Falconclaw and exposed his uncle, which would've gotten him exiled. Because of this, I don't think that Thornpelt would've killed Falconclaw right away. He probably would've lived as a rogue and tried to get revenge but would've ultimately defeated by Thornpelt.

Flowerpelt would not have become deputy and probably would've had kits. I like to think that Thornpelt would have received an apprentice and became deputy when Mallownose died. Honeywing still would've died, this was not dependant on their relationship. Eventually Thornpelt would become leader when Foxstar died and would have genuinely received his nine lives.

I believe he would've been a more battle hungry leader but Flowerpelt would've helped him learn how to be peaceful to make a better life for their kits. Dawnfire and her siblings still would've been born and Willowkit still would've died but Sunstream would have survived her apprenticeship.

I do think that Thornstar would have chosen Tigertail as his deputy, but he would not have died since Thornstar wouldn't trip him. Snakewhisker never would've became deputy and neither would have Blazeheart. In fact, Windflight and Blazeheart would also be alive. Dovetail would have still died and I think Dawnfire still would have become Cloudkit's mentor.

Dawnfire and Lionclaw would have still become mates and had kits without the threat of Echoheart nearly killing him. Cherryleaf, Briarrose and Thrushclaw would have never been born obviously since Thornstar has kits with Flowerpelt.

Dawnfire obviously would not have become deputy and would probably be just a normal warrior and I feel like she would struggle a lot with self-esteem issues and probably wouldn't be nearly as strong or confident.

I don't know if Falconkit or Honeykit would have the same names since Dawnfire's destiny wouldn't be the same. She might not have ever learned of Falconclaw or Honeywing, so they could've had different names.

Falconclaw probably would've started training one of Thornstar's kits in the Dark Forest instead of Falconkit (or whoever he would be).

Let's shift a bit and think of what would've happened with AshClan. Obviously Echoheart never would've been approached by Thornstar and they probably wouldn't know each other very. I think that Lionstar would have died a normal death and Echoheart would've become leader. Once she became leader she would unleash all of the anger she felt and would've killed Riverstorm.

She would have become a violent leader and led attacks on all the Clans and been a horrible leader. Perhaps the major battle would've been the Clans vs Echostar instead of the Clans vs Thornstar. The leader who took her over would have maybe been Ashblaze since Riverstorm was already dead.

Moving on to A New Horizon, Blackstorm and Nightheart would never have existed and I don't think that Falconheart and Honeyfrost would've had the same destiny, perhaps that destiny would've gone to Thornstar's and Flowerpelt's kits instead. At this point I do believe that Flowerpelt would still be alive.

They still would've had to travel to the new territory and I'm not quite sure how everything with Hornet would've played out but they would move into their territories all the same. There would be no battle between SunClan and AshClan and obviously no fight against Echoheart as seen in A Fallen Star and Darkest Dawn. The fight against the Dark Forest still would have happened but again, with different cats leading the charge against Falconlaw.

And finally Waging War would be a completely different story because we would not have had Owlpaw or her siblings since Briarrose would have never been born. Would they have still sent a mission to get a fifth Clan? Maybe? It's hard to say, but as you can see one little detail, such as Thornpelt exiling Falconclaw, changed the entire flow of the stories.

What did you think? If you have any questions feel free to ask. What do you think Flowerpelt and Thornstar's kits would've looked like? How long do you think Thornstar would've been leader for and who would've replaced him if he died. I love thinking of these and I am so excited to share more!