NINE

Anastasia finished applying her makeup, picked up her bag and made her way down to the hotel lobby. She peeked through the front door and saw a nervous Brady, pacing back and forth, looking down at his phone. The brunette smiled to herself before taking a deep breath and exiting the building.

Brady, still pacing, hadn't noticed the girl. She cleared her throat, causing him to whip his head in her direction, he raised his eyebrows in a nervous manner, stifling out a small 'hey'. He then cleared his throat and repeated himself. "Hey!"

Ana smiled at the boy before saying hello back. The two stood in awkwardness before she spoke up. "You good? I saw you pacing.." Brady opened his mouth to speak and nodded. "Mhm, uh, Wednesdays, they're leg day at the gym, gotta get in them extra steps if i'm skipping it." Anastasia chuckled before nodding "Right, well, theres gonna be lots of walking today so, don't tire yourself out."

The pair started walking a few blocks, before Anastasia came to a halt, in front of a small cafe. Brady gave the girl a confused look. "Our first stop on the wonderful city tour, 'Little Canal' they serve the best bagels in New York. Trust me." The boy grinned at her before following her inside the small building.

They got their bagels and sat down on some small stools, in front of the window. Both began to eat, Brady nodding before swallowing, "You weren't kidding." Anastasia smiled before taking another bite.

Both finished up their food and left the cafe. It was a silent walk to a nearby thrift store. Ana clapped her hands together "Second stop, thrifting!" The blonde boy cocked his head to the side, raising his eyebrows and nodding. "Alright.." a toothy grin sneaking onto his face.

Anastasia gestured him inside, following suite. Brady's eyes, scanned racks as he traced his fingers over a jacket. "That'd look good on you." the brunette spoke up, he whipped his head around "You think?" She nodded. "Go try it on." Which he did.

He slipped the jacket over his arms, wiping his hands down it, hoping it would flick off some excess dust. He threw his arms down his sides before flickering his eyes to Ana, who was staring at him with a smile on her face. "Told you."

Brady couldn't help but smile at her, he felt a slight blush creep upon his cheeks. He cleared his throat before turning away, scanning the racks with his eyes once more. Anastasia furrowed her brows in confusion, shaking it off and walking towards the jewellery stand.

She picked up a ring, Brady walking up behind her and taking it from her grasp, "Hey! I was looking at that." He said nothing, walking towards the register with said ring. "Are you deaf? Hellooo...??" Brady handed the cashier some change before walking back to the girl, handing it to her. "There you go."

Her lips parted, as if to speak. He placed the ring in her hand, closing her palm over it and placing his hand on top of hers. The brunette girl felt herself blushing and dropped her head, "Thanks." She shifted her gaze, making eye contact with the boy. "No problem." He stared down at her.