Chapter Four

Kit's Pov
"So then you just move the four over onto this side of the triangle and divide it into the six, does that make sense Cassie?" I took a glance over at the blonde who was leaning over my shoulder staring at the work sheet paper at first in deep confusion. The warm breeze rushed around us.  I would say I was explaining a few problems for thirty good minutes before she seemed to understand.

"That actually makes a ton more sense than with how Mrs. Anderson explains it thank you." She beamed at me taking her pen in hand starting to scribble down her steps in the sheets of paper.

"It's no problem at all." I smiled her way slowly locking my arms around my legs peering over the edge of the hill. The entire school it was a little peaceful after school everyone doing their after school activities, heading home or doing God who knows what.

"Hey Kit I've been wondering how are you like.. You know so calm and collected? It's like nothing ever bugs you. They just admire you from a far." A soft snort echoed around exhaling a little as I spoke a little lifting my hand to briefly mess with my hair a little fixing it in place.

"I think it's just the mysterious vibe everyone secretly likes someone who is cold and all you know? I met Maddy on accident in class when she fell asleep on me. We are distinctly friends.  I just oversee things from a distance and know who everyone is cause they talk a lot." I shook with laughter seeing Cassie's curious eyes watching me. She had such a innocent like curiosity locked in those baby hues of hers.

"And my girlfriend Jules.." I paused to trail off a little a distant look growing in my face, lifting my fingers up to mess with my piercings a bit. "She's a troubled mind, has her own problems. She kinda reminds me of you a little attention makes her happy even if it's negative. She's just a large rainbow." I chuckled looking down going back to locking both my hands over my legs sighing my thoughts glancing over to Rue for a moment.

"But I do think someone needs her more than I do... Even if she makes me happy." I whispered.  I felt her soft hand squeeze at my shoulder bringing my thoughts back over seeing her flashing me a kind smile my way.

"Here come on, I'll buy you a soda for helping me out." Her offer was greatly needed.  I flashed her a smile simply nodding standing up with her while she scooped her backpack up with a grunt, leading the way down the hill first with me following.

"So how long have you two been dating?"

"Uhh give or take a month almost two."

_________________________________
Cassie Howard was shockingly really good company. She would listen to you intently and than give her Input with an open mind thought process she made me laugh a couple times. By the time I had dropped her off at home since she said her mom was always worrying, I had her phone number in my phone and she was beaming that I could call her or text any time for a chat.

I found myself not heading home yet arriving at one of the spots me and Jules normally hang about finding myself standing over the tree roots moving around and round in a deep trance. Light footsteps had me turning around to focus on who the person was, sinking my shoulders back for a moment relaxing at the sight.

"Rue? Oh hey what's up?" I questioned. I knew about her past overdose and how she was a little tip over the edge. She always seemed in thought like me.

"Hey uhm Kit do you know where Jules went? She didn't come back to art we had a small disagreement cause she is going to meet Tyler and I think it's just unsafe cause it's not in public." I twisted my face up in confusion before muttering out a low sounding fuck pulling my shirt down further over my body.

"Of course she's just thinking she's excited and not thinking about the harm. The last I saw her she said she was hanging out with you. If she didn't go to class that means she went back home." Rue nodded her head quickly at me lifting her hands up to wipe at her cheeks fast trembling a little.

"I just.. I really care about her and don't wanna fight with her." I found my arms secured in place before speaking in a firm tone sighing leaning my head back briefly.

"It's cause you like her Rue... I'm not you know totally absent minded to things like that... I do think you need her happiness more than I do though." I puffed out a chuckle pushing myself off the tree in one motion nodding my head towards her.

"I gotta do some thinking but.. In the meantime please take care of her while I'm thinking." I nodded once more before pushing myself away, jumping down landing on the sidewalk with a rough grunt, taking a glance towards the sky the sun was not quite setting but it was getting there .

Parts of me is thinking moving here was a bad idea from the get go.