"Totally Recalled..." Part XLVII...

Summary: Another acting exercise for new and somewhat baby-blued mom, Mrs. Penelope Hofstadter and her entourage. For the prequel of sorts, read "Sheldon Swifties LXXV: 'The Creation Fluctuation'..."

In the late 22nd century a young and supposedly happy housewife finds herself drawn to another existence on the Mars colony, currently under the crushing heel of a brutal dictator... ("And his vicious secret police chief girlfriend!" Bernadette hisses.

"supposedly happy"...Leonard sighs. Maybe this wasn't such a good...

"Guys." Howard sighs to group. "I don't know if I can do the Dictator. Mom came to me in a dream last night and started complaining, "Now, ya wanna be Hitler?"

"Fine. I'll be the Dictator." Bernadette notes. "You be the sidekick."

"Actually, that does somehow seem to fit..." Howard nods.

"Hey, we have a former secret police chief right here, you know?" Raj fumes.)

Disclaimer: They're all Chuck's. Except Penny Hauser.

Part XLVII...

Venusville apartment of Leonard Hofstadter and Cooper (and Georgette) Shelton, two years previous...

A somewhat ritzier place compared to their current 2168 digs...Close to the VRI campus and for Venusville, reasonably tony.

Where a frowning Cooper and, judging by eye flutters, eager Georgette had greeted Leonard, returned from his combination inspection tour/data collection stop/rendezvous...

"So...You slept with her, that much is obvious." Cooper noted eyeing Leonard as he set bags down. Georgette's eyes woefully looking elsewhere.

"Hello to you too, Cooper." Nod. "Hello, Georgette." To the pleased eyes of Georgette...

"And the answer is yes, we had a nice time together. Any more is none of your business." Leonard noted.

"Personally, I'd say as your friend it is...Not to mention as Georgette's brother..."

"Cooper..."

"And as a member of the Scientific Collective...It is very much my business, she being daughter of the new Administrator and in her own right, the new UNE Intelligence Director."

"She's turning that post down..." Leonard noted, moving into kitchen and taking a bottle from the cooler unit, opening to drink.

"She is?" Cooper stared. "For you?" slight tut-tutering as Leonard took seat on the apartment couch.

("Amazing what you can do with a few prints, a throw rug, tablecloth..." Howard noted proudly. "A wife willing to move heavy furniture..." Bernadette frowned. "That too, naturally." He beamed.)

"In some part, though it's too soon, and we both know that. She's concerned about Bernadette Corversant's plans for Mars and she wants to remain here, close by, try to do what she can to influence her."

"Really...? That's what she's told you?"

"I have no reason to doubt her. It's quite a promotion she's turning down."

"If President Targaryen was ever really going to offer it to her."

"He'd all but pledged it to her..." Leonard frowned.

"In the glow of her mother's heroic defiance of your aunt...Or so the official story went..." Cooper shrugged. "He had no choice, really...But as things cool..."

"She was offered it, I was there. She turned it down."

"I see...And now she's to be what...? Unemployed Mrs. Hofstadter...?"