Introduction

In the boss's dimly lit office, a raven-haired woman rested upon his couch, peacefully dozing as he diligently tackled paperwork.

Meet Detective Kelly Voight, a formidable presence within Chicago's 21st district Intelligence unit. Her brilliance attracted the attention of the FBI, persistently seeking her expertise for the BAU at Quantico. However, despite their fervent pursuit, Kelly steadfastly declines their offers each time.

Hailing from the heart of Chicago, she was nurtured by her father and boss, Hank Voight, whose influential reputation cast a long shadow. Bearing the Voight name came with its own weight—a legacy that both bestowed power and garnered a slew of adversaries within the city's intricate landscape.

Hank may not have been her biological father, yet that fact held no significance for her. His love and care transcended blood ties, especially since he was there for her when nobody else stepped up. At a tender age of eight months, she was left at his doorstep, asleep in the dead of night. It was then that Hank vowed to track down the one who abandoned her, determined to hold them accountable for such a heartless act.

Despite the lack of biological connection, their bond was unbreakable. It was evident when Camille, holding Kelly for the first time, witnessed the instant attachment between them. Kelly's tears ceased only when Hank cradled her, establishing a bond that surpassed mere biology. She clung to him, refusing to let go, spending most nights sleeping in his embrace until she gradually moved to her own bed.

During her formative years, Kelly frequented a circle of friends her father disapproved of, mostly lingering in the south side. Engaging in fights, bar escapades, and more, she found companionship among them, notably bonding with the Gallaghers, Kevin, and Veronica. Even though she distanced herself from that lifestyle upon becoming a detective, her ties with the Gallaghers remained strong, frequently visiting their home.

The clandestine activities she partook in with her friends, both before and after her tenure as a detective, were activities her father would vehemently oppose. Her involvement in illegal deeds would surely enrage him if he ever discovered the truth. Despite her profession, she remained entwined in their lives, offering financial support discreetly to aid the Gallaghers, primarily channeled through Lip at Fiona's reluctance to accept it.

Kelly's dual relationship with Frank Gallagher, whom she often threatened to arrest due to his extensive list of wrongdoings, mirrored her complicated sentiments. While love was extended to the whole family, her affection for Frank paled in comparison to her deep attachment to the rest of the Gallaghers.

Initially, Erin's presence didn't sit well with Kelly. Hank's undivided attention towards Erin left Kelly seeking solace from her mother, who was occupied with caring for her brother, Justin. Feeling somewhat neglected, Kelly sought companionship on the south side where she found a sense of belonging and attention.

As time passed and the teenage years faded, the dynamic between the girls shifted positively. Their bond strengthened, evolving into a protective and supportive sisterly connection. They began spending more time together, fostering a deep and unbreakable bond that weathered any challenge thrown their way, solidifying a bond that stood resilient against all odds.

Kelly and Justin, born mere months apart, shared an unbreakable bond, constantly finding themselves in mischief while growing up. However, as they matured, their trajectories diverged significantly. Kelly pursued a career in law enforcement, inspired by their father, while Justin, unfortunately, found himself on the opposite side of the law, becoming a target for daily pursuits by authorities.