¹⁵. ᴬ ᴹᵉᵃⁿˢ ᵀᵒ ᴬⁿ ᴱⁿᵈ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝘈 𝘔𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘛𝘰 𝘈𝘯 𝘌𝘯𝘥

SOMETHING IN THE DUNES STIRRED TO LIFE. It was a relatively unfamiliar feeling to Jaxon, which is why he enjoyed it. The shifting of the sand as winds cut through the air like blades. Almost like the desert was a living breathing creature. These small details grounded him the best they could. Much wasn't able to keep the young man in the present as of late.

Work had been consuming him into the early mornings and late nights with Harry riding his ass and Abbad still hiding from him. In a way, he liked the cat-and-mouse game. It reminded him of the very memories he had back in the day. Chasing a target who hopelessly ran with the hopes of survival. But it always ended one way and it was a 9mm hole left in the centre of their forehead.

It had been months since he had been home to see Sharon. Wanting to make up for the lost time he had created with him running from Catherine. But since he's been hunting Abbad, he hasn't exactly planned anything outside this mission. Sharon of course fixed that with the few satellite calls she made with him whilst he was in Arabia. Checking in when she felt like something could be wrong.

Tonight, the moon bounced off the sand, giving a crystal glint to the land. In the distance, there was the faint glimmer of lights, a small village able to be seen. Jaxon watched with his arms crossed from the nest he and his men had forged an hour ago. Something small and inhabitable for the brief time of their stay. With the sand knocking up, it masked them well enough that no sniper rifle or pair of goggles could spot them. That and the lack of lighting, he and his men had made them incognito. A fucking UAV would have trouble spotting them at first.

They'd been tracking and watching Abbad for the past few weeks. Capturing a few of his close men and learning. Because while he was running and hiding, Jaxon was planning an attack. And tonight was the night he would finally commence the only assault needed. Finally putting an end to this cat and mouse game he had been performing with Abbad.

Looking over his shoulder, a sandstorm wall approached rapidly. Only benefiting him further as he turned and entered the camp where the sound of chatter could be heard. Walking past the few tents where most of the soldiers were laughing and playing cards. Their youthful smiles reminded him of his days back in the SEALs. Remembering how they could be happy but with a flip of a switch, it was game time.

Jaxon had spent time with these men prior to ever deploying in Arabia. Training them how he wanted all his soldiers to be like in Talon. Used his old skills from Quantum and applied them to his own Task Force that took his advice with an open mind. His superiors even appreciated doing so and reminding him that his addition to their overall umbrella was an addition they wouldn't ever take for granted.