¹⁶. ᵀʰᵉ ᴳⁱʳˡ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘪𝘳𝘭

   JAXON'S SEAT ON THE HELICOPTER WAS SILENT. With the headphones he wore, he had music blasting in his ears, blocking out the sound of the howling winds of Sokovia and the rotor above. Already angry with himself for not even hesitating to help the Avengers when they clearly didn't need him. With Bruce Banner and Thor on their side, there wasn't much he could truthfully contribute.

But back in Arabia, his squad had commenced the mission without him and had been successful in taking out Abbad. Now, they were taking time off and celebrating back in London with their families and one another. He was proud. It was weird for him to have commanded a large force like that, but Harry had praised him for his success. Promising he would let him know if anything else came up for him and his task force that could use their skills.

So, it wasn't even like Jaxon could back out of this mission even if he wanted to. He was already in Russia and the tremors of combat could be felt even where he sat and was elevated. But there was something else that was gnawing at him. Ever since they entered Northern Europe and the closer they got, this gravitational pull never relented.