𝟔- 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐤𝐞..

After Lucas left to slam his bedroom door shut, I waited for at least fifteen minutes while drinking my freshly made tea in the hopes that he would return, but he didn't. The lights were off and he was kind of asleep when I went over to his room to apologize for my behavior. He was drifting off. I made the decision that it would be best to head upstairs as well, so I turned off all the lights, headed back up the stairs, but stopped when I got to my bedroom door. I tried to be as quiet as I could to keep Leo from waking up, and for once I was successful. I threw myself on the bed and, after about three minutes, I was fast asleep.

However, a few hours later, at around 7 in the morning, Lucas called for me to come downstairs, and as I wiped my eyes to try to shake the sleep from them, my eye caught the crib. although not Leo. Leo was not there. My stomach twitched as I began to feel panicky. I swore I put him in his crib the night before; am I not sane? My head hurt, but all I could think about was Leo. I sat up straight, looked around the room in terror while still sitting down, and then threw my legs over the edge of the bed and essentially leaped up. He wasn't wailing in his crib, next to it, or anywhere else.I was about to have a panic attack. But just as I opened the door and prepared to barge into each and every room, loud giggles could be heard coming from the stairs, and the television was blaring over every single giggle.

And that made me ran down the stairs, disregarding the fact that I was about to pass out or looked as though I hadn't slept for three days. But the panic subsided and I was able to properly breathe when I saw Leo sitting there on Lucas' lap, being steadied and shielded by his uncle. He may have gotten him out of the crib when he woke up so that I was able to sleep. He was OK. I knew it was going to happen eventually, but I had no idea it would occur the same day that Lucas and I had a fight. I did know, however, that I had slept for a full three hours, which is more than I usually do. And for that, I suppose I should thank Lucas.

I may have been too preoccupied with taking care of my own son to recognize anything besides my own needs; that's simply how I am. I prioritize the needs of others over my own.

''Thank god.. I mutter, settling down next to Lucas, "I was so afraid something had happened to him.'' He gives a small smile while shaking his head. "You know I wouldn't allow that to happen, right? I merely nodded while remaining silent.

With the exception of Leo's giggles and the news that is starting to come on, we are just sitting there in silence.

''Goodmorning, My name is laura. Laboratorium subjective experiments have escaped, and as a result of numerous mistakes made by lap partners, a zombie apocalypse is going to happen today, July 7, between the countries of Canada and Washington. After talking to one of the experimenters, we came to the conclusion that you only have about four hours to go and get out of here; once that time has passed, all hell will break out.

Lucas and I just exchanged blinking glances while debating about whether what they were saying was accurate, or just false information. But I've ignored news before, and each time it came true, so I am aware of how this works. And Lucas is aware. I got to my feet while pacing and running my hands through my hair. '' This must be a joke, right?'' Leo was put in his seat when Lucas got up and moved on to an anxious me. He glanced at me and put his hands on my shoulders. '' I'm sorry, but this is most-likely not.'' We both know it's real when we receive a message about several news stories predicting the zombie apocalypse, even from a scientific news reporter.