Chapter 7: The other ship.

⬆A/N The other ship. Duh.⬆ Also THREE IN ONE DAY!! WHAAAT!?!?! Anyway, carry on.

"A ghost ship?" I said, sceptically. "Really, Xavier. You're nineteen. Don't you think your to old to believe in ghosts?" 

"Yeah" He said sarcastically. "I really thought I was." He then grabbed the rudder and changed my course.

"Hey!" I protested as he held me back with a hand. "If it is a ghost ship, then don't we need a plan?" I asked desperately trying to get the upper hand.

"Nope. Plans never go to plan." Xay said looking down at me in an amused way. 

"Keep your eyes forward you daft bat!" I quickly said, "Don't let the sail gybe!" 

"Ok, geez." He looked back at the sails, and my course, that he was changing.

As the 'ghost' ship got closer, I could see an entire crew of 'ghosts' all working in unison, to keep the ship on course. I frowned. They weren't ghosts. They were Southies.

"They aren't ghosts Xay. Look." I pointed to the bow of their ship where a small horned youngling stood, telescope to eye.

"Aw, man!" Xavier complained. "Southies? This is now so not fun." 

"Well why are you still headed their way?" I sat down on the ladder, giving into this ridiculous plan of no plan.

"Well, they might have our crew? or, something worth trading for."

"Xavier!" I said exasperatedly. "This is not a Fayre tale!" I scowled. "We are not in a story book! Keep your imagination in check!"

"Gasp!" he gasped. Then he glanced down at me for a second. "Don't be stupid Angel. Fayre tales are not real. Anyways. We need to at least check. This is the first time we've seen another boat this entire time!" He sounded like he was begging me.

I sat there and watched our impending doom approach. Quite quickly the other boat came into focus. It was called the ALLSLAYER.  That wasn't terrifying at all. 

"Ahoy there!" Called their Captain. "Captain aboard?" 

"Yes." I called back, slipping down the ladder to get closer to their boat. "I am the Captain."

"Do you need assistance? You appear to have no crew? And, if I'm not mistaken, that is a royal ship?" she said. 

"Oh. Yeah. They deserted this morning." I said, looking around. "I still have one member of the crew left. I just don't know how well he's gonna cope. Ya, know?"

"Ah! Yes I see him. So you're royal? or has that Anne lady finally accepted that the Symian people actually need help in this civil war?" 

"What?!?! What war?" I gaped at her. 

"Here, come aboard, Captain. We promise by our mothers lives not to hurt you. M'kay?" She held a hand out as one of her crew dropped a gang-plank between our boats.

"Uh. Ok. XAY!" I called back. "I'LL BE BACK IN A FEW, OK?" 

He nodded and dropped anchor.

I boarded their boat. 

"So, what's your name, Captain?" she asked as she led me to her cabin and sat me down opposite her.

"My name is Captain Angelica Skyrhen. My crew did have a count of 38. But now it's just me and Xavier. We actually are missing our two passengers... Have you seen them?" I watched her eyes for the lie, if it came.

"Oh, what do they look like, we saw two row boats pass early this morning." 

"Well our passengers were a young woman and a young man. Uh, the woman is about 5'9 tall, has dark skin and frizzy curls. Uh the man, short-ish about 5'5 with pale skin and dark curls." I watched recognition in her eyes.

"Y-yes. Uh, we did see them. They were tied up in the boats so be bought them off the crew, uh, do you want them back?" She seemed hesitant.

"YES." I said firmly.

"Ok. I'll go get them." She snapped her fingers. A crew member came in. "Go and get the new prisoners." 

He nodded and left.

"What's your name?" I asked curiously.

"My name is Captain Annix Rose. Terror of the southern seas." She replied, picking at her manky teeth.

"Ok. Thanks." I filed that piece of information in my photographic memory and smiled. 

"ANGEL!" I heard. I turned to see Iroh and Claire being shoved threw the door.

"Claire! Iroh!" I quickly got up and hurried to them. "What happened? Why'd the crew desert?"

"Well, one of them said you were crazy for even taking this mission, the others said, the southies would kill us. But these folk were quite nice. We asked to be taken aboard and she said her boat was at full capacity except for the slave hold so in desperation to get away from those idiots we said yes." Claire took a deep breath and blew out her cheeks. "Boy was this a day." 

"Yeah," Iroh squeaked.

I turned back to the Captain.

"Uh, Can I have them back?" I asked. 

"Sure. For a hundred gold pieces." she smiled.

I turned to look at them. "You twits! I've half a mind to leave you here!" I boxed Iroh's ears affectionately. "Fine." I said to the captain. "You gotta deal. Let me get the money."

I left the cabin and ran back across the plank to Xavier. 

"THEY HAVE IROH AND CLAIRE!" I whisper shouted at him.

"Oh. Ok, what does she want?" 

"100 gold pieces!" I looked at him."We only have 130, how are we going to live off 30 gold pieces for four months?" 

"Uh. Dunno, but we gotta do it, me mum would kill me is Claire got sold into slavery." 

So we gathered the pieces and hurried over.

"Well that was quick." Annix smirked. "How much gold do you have left?" She asked. 

"Tell her the truth." A crew member whispered to me. 

"U-Uh. thirty." I said quietly. 

"And where is it?" 

"In the hold." 

She smiled and snapped her fingers. "Go get it. And anything else you desire." She told the few crewmates in the cabin with us.

Iroh and Claire stood horrified. Whilst Xavier just looked bored.

Quite a few agonizing moments later, they came back and dumped a few bags on her desk. 

"You may go and take your 'passengers' with you." Annix grinned.

We left so fast, Claire slipped back on to our decks as we hurried to leave the other ship's vicinity.