Chapter 2

Afterschool had come and Molly blissfully strolled on over to Giovanni's apartment. She had forgotten her nerves and ignored the fact that Giovanni did use her real name. She unlocked the door once she made her way up the stairs, Gio had given her a spare key in case of emergencies. "Hey, Boss! I'm here just like you asked!" She threw down her bag, not caring for anything that might get broken because of it. Molly spotted his iconic light pink hair out of the corner of her eye and turned her walk into a quiet tiptoe.

She carefully crept behind him until she got close, then jumped towards him and screamed "Boo!" The soupy man jumped at the surprise attack from the young girl. "Gah! You scared me, Molls" Giovanni yelled in response. Molly giggled at his outburst and jumped over the couch, landing on the seat next to him. "So Boss, what did you want to talk about?" Giovanni's face immediately turned serious as he took a deep breath to prepare himself.

"So you know how your father tends to not take care of you, overworks you, and sometimes forgets you exist? Well, I was thinking recently that I would not want you to stay under his custody anymore. That I could be your legal guardian and adopt you." Saying those took a huge weight off of Gio's chest, making his body feel lighter. Molly was shocked at the idea that he had told her, taking a few minutes to think about the effects.

It was true, that her father was not the best and he did leave her at the museum that one night, granted it was the night she met her best friend, Giovanni Potage. If she was to be adopted by Giovanni, then she could be given more attention and care from him. He already showed her that he loved her and wanted to protect her from anything that would harm her. Then again, she would be leaving her family. Even though she didn't love them that much, they have been with her for so long and they were the people her mom loved.

"You don't have to give me a definite answer now, but there will be a lady that works for an adoption agency coming over in an hour or so, that will talk to us about the process and such." Molly nodded, not sure what to exactly say in the situation. Giovanni opened his arms for a bear hug. Molly smiled and threw her arms around his, receiving the bear hug that Giovanni invited her to.