Chapter 3

For the rest of the slow hour, Molly and Giovanni discussed how their day had been, all while Molly braided Giovanni's bright pink hair. While they were resting and hanging out with each other, a sudden ring echoed throughout the apartment. Molly and Giovanni both jumped at the noise, realizing it was the adoption agency lady. Giovanni scrambled to the door, tripping on a few papers, then finally turning the handle of his front door.

"Good afternoon, I am Ms.Salamin. I look forward to working with you to look into the adoption process of any child in need." Giovanni stood up straight, shaking a piece of paper off of his foot, and gave Ms.Salamin a giddy smile. She gave him a small smile back and took a step into the apartment. Scanning the view of the apartment, she was already taking in a mental note about his living quarters. "Thank you for coming! I wanted to talk about the possibility of adopting a child, who is actually here." Ms.Salamin looked surprised that the child was here, but she had noticed a child's backpack with a pair of shoes next to the door. Molly stepped out from the living room and stood in front of Ms.Salamin, stating "I'm the child." She let out a nervous chuckle as the stranger examined her.

"I don't see this too often, but what is the purpose of the adoption?" Molly had seemed to be perfectly fine in her current situation from from she could tell, but lots of child abuse cases are not visible to the naked eye. Molly and Giovanni sat on one side of the couch together as Ms.Salamin took a seat on the opposite side. Giovanni explained the whole situation with Molly's family and was hoping Ms.Salamin wouldn't find it too odd.

"I see. It's not impossible, but it will require a lot of money, time, and consent from all parties. We can start with me explaining the process." Giovanni nodded, feeling both excited and nervous about how the rest of their meeting would go. Ms.Salamin went on to explain the process of adoption, the estimated cost, and estimated time. It could take months to even years to adopt Molly, costing thousands of dollars and tons of meetings.

Once she finished up, a couple of hours later, Molly had already left for home. "And that is the end of my explanation." Giovanni took a deep breath and let out a deep sigh. "I would do anything to help that girl, my best friend, my boy." He said, posing like a maiden looking out into the sea longingly, sniffing as his eyes teared up. Ms.Salamin looked at him with a weirded out face, but felt like this was a normal occurrence for the man.

"All right, then I shall take my leave. Thank you for having me over, and if you need to contact me, you have my card. Molly seems like a delight and I hope you will be able to adopt her with the help of me." She gave a bright smile to Giovanni as she headed towards the door. He followed her and opened it up, saying goodbye.