Part 7

Billy drove me away past the cemetery, to a parking lot that had been abandoned for like eight years over a fire. I remember this place. I smiled as Billy looked at me. "What was this place before it was burnt?"

"It was a safe place." As a little girl runs up to the building with her father and ex girlfriend. This little girl was safe no beating for the whole week, no being tortured. Just prue happiness.

"For who?" Billy and I got out of the car.

"For loads of children. It was a candy shop/book shop. With two cats that their owners say that they ran."

"What happened?"

"From what I can remember, a robbery that killed four kids and ten adults."

"Were any of them your friends?"

"No. But I was supposed to go that day. But other things happened that day." Billy nods as he leans on his car. "Is this were you kill me Billy?" I joked with him a little.

"Haha." He laugh with a cigarette in his mouth. "No. I just started to come here, to be alone with my thoughts." I nod my head. "The honest truth... I really want you to tell me your side about Tommy."

"Why, so you can run back to Tommy?"

"I can give two fucks about what he thinks."

"I dunno."

"Okay how about this.." His hands went to his chest. "I'll tell you something about me that no one knows and you tell me about Tommy." Then he pointed at me.

I guess I could use his words of something happened but what if they don't believe me? "Alright."

Billy took his time on thinking about something that no one knows. "I fee like I can trust you with this one. I don't like to be mean. In fact I hate it. But being raised to do that, I have to be mean no matter what."

What? I mean I kinda believe that. So I made him dig deeper. "Billy." I said with a warn to my voice.

"Not good enough?" I shook my head. "I didn't think so." So he tried again. "My father is an abusive asshole." Okay that I would believe. "I hate going at night to him. I can never do anything right by him."

My turn. "I'm sorry Billy."

"Yeah. He moved on quickly after my mother left us. Susan took her spot within no time." He blew some smoke out of his nostrils.

"There more to my story Billy then what Tommy or anyone else knows. But I'm willing to tell you about Tommy. You see..." I cannot cry in front of him, I WILL NOT CRY IN FRONT OF HIM. "His uncle got caught in a loop, a bad loop. A loop that had to deal with having sex with children."

"And your the one he had raped?"

I nod my head. "I still feel dirty every time I see Tommy. I know it's not his fault. He's been lied to." I couldn't look at Billy. "So when we got to high school, the rumor was that I wanted it and that I lied to everyone about it."

"That's why you hate everyone.." It took awhile for Billy to process this.

I feel so alone in this world. "My Pipi doesn't like it that I'm alone in the house. So Steve asked his parents to move in. Along with me staying."

"Does Steve know everything?"

"Yes.. he's been there since day one. We raised each other. My parents... Well my dad..." I didn't get into it about him. "My mom died after she gave birth to me." I'll just leave it there. "And Steve liked the idea staying with me, because he thinks I'm fun." I lied about that part.

Billy didn't know what else to say or if he did he was thinking about how to use it one way or another. But go ahead Billy. I'm always somebody's punching bag.

"Did you dad believe you?" I shook my head no. It was easier that way. "What kind of a parent doesn't believe their own damn child?" He was getting pissed.

"I know. I ask myself that every day. Billy can I be honest with you?"

"If you want to be."

"Your... Your not going to use my words against me and tell Tommy are you? Cause if you are. You might as well kill me now." That, that time I wasn't playing.

"No Tory. This is my safe spot. And at this safe spot nothing gets out." It's like I wanted to believe him. "So that's why you jump and all the shit. I guess I'd be too." Throwing out the bud. "So then you never been physically involved with anyone by your choice?"

"No. And don't say how sad or give me pity. I already have that enough coming from myself thank you very much."

"Is that why you let yourself go?"

Ugh fucking hell. I shook my head. "Will you please take me home."

Billy didn't say much after that l. He drove me home and Steve saw me with Billy. I stormed into my room, I cried softly as I got under the bed. I OFFICIALLY HATE PEOPLE.