Part 19

I was cleaning up my room when I noticed Billy left his other jacket here. Of course he would for him to have another reason to come over. I don't want him too. Making up my bed I can still smell him. Changed to new clothing and headed downstairs. Johnathan wouldn't be here until three pm.

Steve was with Nancy, while the cops were watching walk by. I went over to them before I left. "I'm going over to the Hargrove's to drop off a jacket." The offer nods as he got out of the car to lean on it and to watch me walk over.

I go to the front door and knocked. I heard fighting on the other side. Max came to the door. "Hey Tory." Her face is all red. "Now isn't a good time."

"Oh I'm not here to stay." Handing her, Billy's jacket. "He left it at my house a few days ago."

"Ohh. Okay. I'll give it to him." Max took it. "See you later T."

"Bye Max." I left to go back home.

They must had a fight and Billy was working out. I walked home as the officer smiled as I got to the walkway. "Did Steve offer you come coffee?"

"Nah. But I'd love some if you made any."

I let him follow me into the house. I made a pot. He sat down on the stool. "It'll be awhile."

"That's fine that would give a chance to talk."

Why am I worried? "Oh."

"If you are so scared of guys why do you let them in?"

Is that any business of his? "Well first off I'm not scared of them two most of them are my friends."

"Two guys right?"

"Where is this going officer?"

"Well it makes me wonder if your father really raped you or sold you into a sex ring."

Johnathan walked into the house. And heard him. "I would stop asking before, Hopper finds out that you've been asking theses kinds of things."

"It was just a question."

The coffee was done. I poured him some coffee. "And take your coffee and leave please."

Heading up to my room to do homework. "What an ass." Johnathan stated.

"He should be more worried about my father than worried about how many guys come over."

"Right? Who cares who comes in and out of this house."

"Johnathan I just want to personally say thank you for being my best friend in the whole wide world." I sweetly said.

"Yeah, yeah, your only saying that because I'm helping you with your homework." We entered my bedroom.

During our homework, Billy plays his loud music. My window was open, I walked over to the window, he was leaning on his car smoking as he was looking over. He smiled as I shut the window and went back to my homework.

"Next time we are going this at my house."

"Deal."

Johnathan left after two hours, we laughed and did our work. I haven't laughed in so long that I forgot what it was like to laugh. I walked Johnathan to the car as no one was home at the Hargrove place. Walking back to my house, I was alone. I sighed as I headed upstairs. I'll take a nap while I wait for everyone to come home from work.

Falling asleep for about an hour as there is a knock on my window... Who and how and also why, would anyone want to knock on my window. There is a thing called a fucking door! Billy? As I peaked through the shade. Moving the curtain and pulling up the window.

"You know they made this thing called a door and it has a bell to it." Being a smart ass.

"Haha. I did. You didn't come to the door. So here I am. Are you going to let me in?"

"Tell me why I should let you in?" Crossing my arms as I lean on my wall.

."Because I helped save your life."

"Ahh. I guess that is a pretty good reason." I moved to let him in. "So what brings you by?"

"I wanted to apologize, when you came over.. Max and I got into a fight."

"No worries, I didn't hear a thing." I walked over to my closet to grab my bottle of water.

"I would hate to have her embarrassed me like that."

Wait why... Boys. Thinking that they can control us. "We are all good." Taking a swig of water.

"Say why don't you come to the pool house?"

"As much as I would want too. I don't swim."

"Is it because you can't or you won't?" Billy got into my room as he sat on my bed.

"Both. Can't swim and won't do it."

With a scoff. "Why not?"

"To me, I don't feel comfortable."

He try's to be smooth about it. "Well I don't think you have the right teacher."

"Billy, I'm fine with not swimming. There are people out there who can't ride a bike. So why force it?"

Shrugging his shoulders. "I dunno. I don't see you at school. So I thought swimming would be for the best."

Moving to the bedside. "That's nice of you Billy. But no."

"For real? Not even for me?"

"Not even for you Billy. You cannot and will not convince me otherwise."

Within a little shock he scoffs with a little laughter. "No fun."

"Well it's a good thing I didn't say that I was fun." I shrugged.

"What can I get you to do? No parties, no school." He lies down on my bed with partly being on me. "So here it is then."

"True. But I should be back in school next week."

He points to me. "Good. I miss my cheerleader."

"I'm no cheerleader."

"And you are a Debbie Downer."

"Yes."

"Ugh... come on, we can go out there in the world full of..." I'm waiting for him to finish.. "well nothing." I chuckled. "Alright, what do you like to do, Mayflower."

"I love to read.. music... I haven't played in awhile, but it's nothing other than what nana used to sing."

It was nothing that he would like anyways. That's how I keep them away. Listening to me. "What about movies?"

"And what about the other girls you've been seeing."

His head hit my pillow. "I feel like, I'm getting nowhere with you." Both of his arms go up in the air out of frustration. I don't blame him, I really don't.