So You Think You Can Dance?

He stood back up, once again unintentionally rubbing it in my face that he was way taller than me. He took one of my hands in his and put his other hand on my waist, a feeling both so awkward but so brilliant. I mimicked his actions, interlocking my fingers with his but very nervously placing my hand on his waist, as if I let any weight fall on it that he'll push me away. He started to step back and forth, front and back, twirling to the music with me trailing along, doing my best to keep up. I may have been able to repeat his actions, step to the right, step back, spin, but I'd never dream of doing it just like he did, nowhere near as beautiful or as graceful. He was a true work of art, someone God plucked on Earth to make all the ugly people, such as myself, cry about themselves and why they couldn't have his beautiful green eyes or his pale, smooth skin. I was blushing probably the whole time, knowing his eyes were on me the whole time, so I was trying to focus on anything else but him. I knew it might come across as rude, but once I looked into those eyes everything else was gone, and I was likely to accidently decapitate the both of us tripping over my own feet. I had no idea what to think about this moment, it was great, of course, but if Greg was to know, what would he say? Would he laugh at me because Sherlock was a man, or would he urge me to just go for it and kiss him? I wanted someone else's opinion now; I didn't trust myself enough to make these decisions on my own.

"You're very out of step Mr. Watson." Sherlock said with amusement.

"I already told you I couldn't dance." I pointed out.

"No shame in that." Sherlock assured with a twirl, making the room blur, all of the colors blurring, everything but him. It made him look like the world was trying to point to him, saying here, this is the one! I tried to shut the world up, but obviously the only thing that disagreed was that one, nagging, annoying part in my brain.

"I see you're a bit of a professional though." I pointed out.

"Yes of course." He agreed with a small smile.

"Not a trait you find in most men."

"Well I'm not most men am I?" he objected.

"Nope." I agreed. He couldn't be more different than anyone I've ever met, in his own quirky, odd sort of way.

"You don't have to be so nervous though, I'm not here to judge you on your dancing skills." He assured, making me only smile shyly.

"If I thought you didn't care than I'd be stepping on your feet and falling over everywhere. I think it's a good thing for both of our safety that I put a little bit of effort in." I laughed. Sherlock smiled again, looking down on me with something more than amusement, he looked proud of me, as if he was some sort of proud parent watching his kid preform in the school play. Trying their hardest at something he knew means so much to them.

"So, how was school then?" he asked, stepping to the left and dragging me along. It was quite difficult to keep up, not just because he was actually able to dance but because he had such long legs, one step of his was equivalent to two of mine, so I felt like I was a dog on a leash.

"It was miserable, but please don't be the concerned parent okay? It makes everything way more weird." I sighed.

"There is so much about our relationship that's weird, so I think it's okay if I ask you about your day." Sherlock pointed out. I sighed, but caved in with his smile.

"It was awful, of course. The highlight of my day is the final bell." I decided.

"You should learn to enjoy it, you only have it for so long, and even though there isn't much to like about it the whole learning thing can take you far." He pointed out.