𝗦 𝗖 𝗘 𝗡 𝗘 | 𝟰

The fresh smell of the sea welcomed Fiorello when he finally reached the town center, it was really not that strong of a smell unlike in the docks, but it was there lingering on the air like how the thought of meeting with Salvios is lingering on his mind. He doesn't know why Salvios wanted to meet with him after all these years of living in the same town and schooling in one educational institution. Hardly an occurrence for Fiorello's circle of friends to mingle with Salvios' they are far too different in the spectrum of hobbies and day-to-day activities, so when Salvios suggested, no, more like ordered that condition last night Fiorello was in a dazed state until now.

Fiorello sighed and looked up to check if Salvios is already around the area—on the docks. His fingers tapping the table and his legs tapping the stone floor of the diner. When he saw he wasn't there he grabbed the scone he ordered and walked over to the docks. He sat on the same spot yesterday, he fixed his position and started swinging his legs.

Seagulls screeching. He threw draggers on the seagulls that were perched on the docked pinnaces, screeching their lungs out. Of course, contemplating whether to pick up the rock and threw it on the seagulls or just suffer from their loud screeching. Fiorello choose the latter and casually waited for Salvios.

"Fiorello!" Salvios' boyish voice rang. "Over here!"

Fiorello looked to the side and saw Salvios on the other side, waving at him with a wide charming smile on his lips. Fiorello's eyebrows rose when he saw Salvios' outfit, he was wearing white corduroy with leather straps attached, a brown jumper, and a flat cap. He looked different from his usual get-to-go.

"Hello! Coming over." Fiorello looked at both sides of the street before crossing over, he smiled at Salvios.

"I'm sorry! I took too long." Salvios scratch his head. "It's quite silly, you know? I decided the time and I'm almost late."

Fiorello laughed a little, he shook his head lightly. "Oh no, it's fine you aren't late so everything's good, but if you were late I would have gone home."

"Ayyyyeee," Salvios whined. "You wouldn't wait for at least five minutes? That's not fair!" Salvios pursed his lips at Fiorello, his eyes downcasted.

Fiorello was shocked, to say the least, he didn't expect Salvios to act like this. Whiny and cute. As far as Fiorello's concerned, he always sees Salvios prancing around the town along with his friends while roughhousing with one another. Far from being whiny and cute, he was like a dog that was going rabid while playing with his friends.

Fiorello collected himself and deadpanned, "No."

Salvios eyed Fiorello with disbelief, he scoffed jokingly and crossed his arms. "You're unbelievable! Are you this mean to your friends?!"

Fiorello stared at him with confusion seeing Salvios dramatic flair almost made him bust out a lung. "Friend? More like an acquaintance."

"Sod off," Salvios said while grinning. "You still owe me an apology then, I'm not quite fond of receiving ones from 'acquaintances'."

"Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously."

"You're an absolute dolt. That's unfair! We can't be immediate friends, that doesn't make sense!" Fiorello whined, he playfully bumped Salvios' shoulder.

"It will, starting from now, we're friends!" Salvios concluded.

"How—"

"By getting to know each other, of course." Salvios deadpanned. "Come on let's go to the diner." then Salvios placed an arm around Fiorello's shoulder and brought him closer to him.