𝗦 𝗖 𝗘 𝗡 𝗘 | 𝟱

Both boys drifted closer as each day passed after they hang out last week, they frequently meet up to talk or catch up to one another either Fiorello going to the docks to wait for Salvios to finish helping his father or Salvios going to the inn and keeping Fiorello busy while working his shift. It was a sudden trajectory that changed their dynamic and both parents of the boys were surprised, they asked both of them questions about how did they get along well and how they are so inseparable these past few days. Both answered differently . . . one answered fate and one answered coercion. Nonetheless, both boys weren't complaining they found each other's accompany a fresh breath of air around their friends, of course, they love their friends dearly, but they want a change of dynamics.

Kring. Kring. Kring.

Fiorello rang his bicycle bell while waiting outside Jungwon's home. His sister's bicycle was already repaired by his father and courtesy of Salvios, as well, he didn't know the guy has good hands in mechanical. Call him a dunderhead, but Fiorello doesn't have an ounce of knowledge in fixing appliances or mechanics, he just straight up gives up and shoved the aforementioned stuff into a corner and waits for it to rot for years to come.

"Jungwon!" Fiorello screamed at the top of his lungs. "Make haste! We're late Renjun will throw us aboard!"

"Wait! I'm tying my shoelaces. Merlin." Jungwon explained exasperatedly. He was quickly tying the laces down when he finished he took off and rode Fiorello's bicycle, he sat on the back—where Fiorello's satchel is usually tied onto. He grasped his hand on Fiorello's shoulder. "Let's go!"

Fiorello then took off at a moderate speed, taking into account the steepness of the residential area, and the sudden ups and downs around the town, he doesn't want to fly in the air and die embarrassingly.

"Oi, tosser! Slow down." Jungwon screamed, and his grip tightened. "My arse is falling off, let me adjust!"

"Sorry!" Fiorello. "I heard a new wickie will be replacing Old Man Bruce this spring!"

"What? That's new. Doesn't he live there? How is going to move, though? I bet he'll put up a fight, he can still manage the lighthouse well." Jungwon surmised, adjusting his position to a more comfortable one.

Fiorello nodded. "Obviously, although Old Man Bruce is cranky and sometimes greasy, he's good at navigating the ships on the sea."

"He's a good old man, albeit a peculiar one."

Jungwon and Fiorello laughed together, as the bicycle went down for several ups and downs, they finally arrived at the commercial area of the town. Fiorello turned around at the 4th street —one street away from their inn—Fiorello parked his bicycle on the bike rack and started walking together with Jungwon toward the Huangs' Fish Shop, and even though both boys always visit this shop in the entirety of their friendship with Renjun they still can't get over the shop name they find it weird but unique, and Renjun also agrees with them. "Fishmonger's Cillegria."

Entering the shop, both boys were engulfed with the smell of raw marine life, most of the sailors sell their extra catch in this shop, so the raw fish, scallops, and shrimps were still fresh (some are still twitching and flapping on the ice).

"Renjun! We are here! Come out." Fiorello hollered, he moved back from the display of fishes, when one of the workers dumped a new batch of (twitching) prawns on the tray.

"We aren't late, right?" Jungwon asked and Fiorello nodded, he looked over the counter. "Hello, Mr.Huang where's Renjun?"

"At the back, he's moving the crates, he'll be out." Mr.Huang smiled at Jungwon and then resumed writing down in his notebook.