020: ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏɴꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀʜᴇʀᴏ

The catchy, poppy music that used to shake the walls of the skating rink had been stopped, leaving only a tense silence throughout the building. An EMT had arrived at the scene, trying to talk Angela through her injury while her boyfriend nursed his own.

"Can you tell me your name?"

"Um.. Angela." Was her shaky response.

"Angela. Do you know where you are, Angela?"

"Um, Rink... Rink-O-Mania, I think?"

Jordan tuned out her pitiful cries after that, choosing to stare at her shoes. She tried her hardest to recall the sudden memory of blood and screams, but her mind turned up blank at the search for a stronger clue.

She gripped the hand that held El's tighter, ignoring the pain and stinging it brought her knuckles. Mike and Will stood next to the table they sat at, their faces mixed with shock and terror. Jordan felt Mikes intense gaze on her, but she refused to meet his eyes.

'What did you guys do? What did you do?'

Jordan felt her own brim with tears once again at the remembrance of her boyfriends words. She fiddled with the necklace he had mailed her as she thought of the way he looked at her, the fear in his words, it was almost like he was afraid of her. Memories of letters and postcards came into her mind, the constant of every piece of writing being a single word.

Before she could distract herself from the situation with thoughts of Mikes feelings any longer, she saw Jonathan and Argyle approach the crowd of people out of the corner of her eye. She lifted her head then, the movement causing tears to roll down her cheeks once again.

Jordan tugged Els hand, bringing her sister out of her own trance. Their eyes locked for a moment, both bloodshot and full of tears, before Jordan nodded her head in the direction of their brother and his friend.

El rose, bringing Jordan to her feet alongside her. They brushed past Mike and Will, ignoring their stares as they rushed to the two older teenagers, hands still interlocked.

Jonathan, who was still dumbfounded at the sight of the bleeding girl, huffed in surprised when the girls collided into him, wrapping their arms around him in a simultaneous hug.

Jonathan returned the hug quickly, sending a confused look towards Will, who had also made his way to his brother with Mike trailing behind silently.

They made their way to the van silently, with the exception of Will, who explained the chain of events to Jonathan and Argyle. The silence returned for a few minutes, until Argyle chose to speak up.

"I know this may be, like, upsetting and shit, but that future prom queen is gonna be fine," He tried to reassure the twins, who stared out the window silently, "It's just, like, rubber wheels."

"Plastic." Jonathan corrected, "Not like hard plastic. Just... Just the soft kind."

They were clearly high out of their minds, so Jordan decided to ignore their conversation until they returned home.

Until she felt Jonathan put his hand on her knee, turning around to try to comfort them once more, "It could have been so much worse if it was an ice skate, guys."

One glance at the perpetual misery on their faces, and Jonathan turned back around, his efforts being proved futile due to his state of mind.

When they had finally arrived home, the sounds of loud, Italian opera filled their ears.

"Mom?" Will called out, looking around the house.

When they reached the kitchen, a loud, booming voice filled the area.