012: ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴀᴜɴᴀ ᴛᴇꜱᴛ

Jordan brushed her teeth in Max's familiar bathroom, staring at herself in the mirror. The events at Heathers house kept coming back to her mind. How could she have been fine if she was tied up and screaming?

Jordan tried to shake it off as she turned off the faucet and walked back to Max and El, who were lying in bed and looking through comic books.

"Which one?" Max asked when Jordan walked in, holding up two comic books with people she didn't know.

"I don't know." Jordan shrugged, climbing into the bed that somehow fit all three of them.

Max noticed the uneasy look on her face and grabbed her hand, assuring, "Hey, theres nothing to worry about anymore, okay?"

"But it doesn't make sense." Jordan retaliated.

"What doesn't make sense?" El chimed in.

"Heather. The blood, the ice-" Jordan listed.

"Heather had a fever so she took a cold bath, but she's better now. That has to be it. I don't know where that blood came from, but we saw her. We all saw her. She's totally fine." Max countered.

"What about Billy?" El asked.

"What about him, El?" Max turned to her.

"Jordan is right. He seemed... wrong." El worried.

"Wrong is kind of like his default, but it's nice to know he's not a murderer, because that would have totally sucked." Max joked, making El and Jordan giggle.

"Who... is that?" El pointed to the woman on the comic book cover.

Max chuckled, then explained, "See, this is why you cant just hang out with the boys all the time. This is Wonder Woman, AKA Princess Diana. She's from Paradise Island, which is, like, this hidden island where there are only women amazon warriors..."

Jordan rested her head on Maxs shoulder while El rested hers on Jordans shoulder. They stayed like that and listened to Max read until Jordans eyes fluttered shut and she fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------✿------------------------------------------------

"Do you copy? This is a code red. I repeat, this is a code red. Max, do you copy? This is a code red!" Lucas' voice came from Maxs radio, waking all three up from their sleep.

"Shut. Up." Max spoke into the radio, slamming down the antenna and shutting off the entire radio.

The girls tried to go back to sleep until the yellow phone rang, making Max groan.

"I'll get it." Jordan got out of her spot in the bed and walked over to the phone.

Jordan picked up the phone and shot, "We're sleeping. Go away."

Jordan went to slam the phone into the receiver until Mike spoke up, making Jordan bring the phone back to her ear.

"This is Mike. Do not hang up. Something happened, something bad. Our very lives could be at stake."

"I knew it!" Jordan whispered to herself.

"What do you mean?" Mike asked.

"Uh, nothing. Wait, what are you even talking about?" Jordan furrowed her eyebrows.

"Just come over to my house. We'll explain everything." Mike answered, a serious tone in his voice.

"Wait, slow down. What?" Jordan was still confused.

"Hurry." The dial tone was heard, telling her that Mike hung up.

"What did he say?"  El asked, lifting her head from the pillow.