The sleepover

As Max walked up the steps to El's door, she briefly stopped to fix her hair and make sure it looked okay, additionally ajusting her bag full of stuff they could do. Then, she continued walking. Reaching the door, she gave it a knock. Almost immediately, a beautiful brunette haired girl answered.

"Hey El!!"

"Hello Max!"

Max and El embraced in a drawn out hug, regardless that they literally hung out just a few days prior.
After the hug, El grabbed Max's hand and led her to her room, as if she hadn't been here a million times before. She quickly glanced back, just to see if Max had any reaction to the hand holding. For the brief moment she looked, she could have sworn Max just had a little bit of a red tint to her cheeks. However, she had just looked for a second and she wasn't sure. While running up the steps to her room, she heard the fimilar voice of Joyce call,

"You girls have fun!! Call me if you need anything!"

"Okay mom!"

Both the girls got to El's room, they went inside and sat down on her bed.

"soooo what do you wanna do?" El asked the ginger haired girl.

"Well, Eleven Jane Hopper, I am so glad you asked becauseee.."

Max slid her backpack off of her and unzipped it, pulling out different games and magazines and entertainment items.

"Here we have more DC comics, I even bought more wonderwoman for you! I figured we could do stuff like old times just because of the memories and how fun it was, and it was like the first time we really really bonded. Anyways though anyways.. then i brought some board games, Uno, Sketchbooks, and my computer!"

El smiled. "oooh. I'd say we leave the comics for later tonight, like we did our first sleepover."

Suddenly, a memory/thought popped into her head.

"What if we played spin the bottle?" El asked.

Max's face almost immediately flushed red.

"What- What but there's only um two of us? And I dont think that would be.. well i mean i'm not saying I wouldn't like it, I mean I wouldn't mind but its just.."

El snapped her fingers twice in the nervous gingers face, breaking her from her little nervous trance.

"What are you talking about? we did it our first sleepover with just two people." El questioned.

Max facepalmed for a second.

"Right right. Sorry- sorry I thought you uh meant.. something else." Max nervously chuckled.

"What did you think I meant?" El tilted her head.

"Doesn't matter. Anyways but yeah i'm down to spyyy on people again." Max smiled.

"Oh but," El pressed her lips together to form a thin line. "I don't have that board anymore, we'd have to make a new one."

"Well thats no problem!" Max replied. "I mean we made the first one all on our own didn't we?"

"Yeah, yeah you're right!" El smiled.

Both Max and El wandered the house, gathering the items they needed to build it. Glue, Cardboard, Paper, Markers, a single empty glass bottle, Talking to Will and Joyce briefly before heading back to El's room. After gathering the items they started to make it, writing various names on paper, ripping it out,  and gluing it on the cardboard. Finally, Their little project was done.

"Yes!! It's done, finnaaallyy." Max lifted up her arms while talking, letting them floo back down at the end of her sentence.

El smiled at her, admiring her beauty and just how funny and cute she was all at the same time.
Suddenly, El started to get very close to Max's face, Max stared at her starting to get wide eyed, feeling her face heating up as a peachy glow spread across her face. El was just about two or three inches away when-

"Sorry, you had a little bit of glue on your nose, I just had to brush it off."

Oh. My. God. Max thought.

"I mean.. you could have just told me." Max looked down at her fidgeting hands, her dace still red and hot.

"sorry, it was kind of my first thought to do it myself." El looked at her face again. "Hey, I have to go to the bathroom.. i'll be right back!"

El got up on her feet, and walked out the door. However, instead of turning left to the bathroom, she took a right to Wills room.

"Will! Will!!" She yelled-whispered.

"What?" Will answered, not even looking over, still focused on his phone.

"I need to ask you something." El fidgeted with her hands.

"What is it?" Will then looked over, turning off his phone.

El walked over to his bed, sitting on the side of it.

"So.. it's about Max. Earlier when she first got here I held her hand to take her up to my room. I think I might have seen her blush but I dont know. Then later, I asked to play spin the bottle.. I dont know why but she got super nervous? I mean we played it before to spy on mike so I dont know why she got all red and stuttery. Then after that, I got super close to her face. This time though, I KNOW she blushed. she got like super red and stuff. I just needed your opinion." El rambled.

Will looked at her wide eyed, a mix of suprise yet thrill on his face.

"Holy shit."