The sleepover Pt.2

"El, you cannot deny it anymore! Max likes you she really does! I mean I kinda knew for a while but she made me promise I wouldn't tell you.." Will beamed enthusiastically.

"You seriously didn't think to tell me?! You know i've liked her for like, like.. a long time!" El fumed.
However, almost immediately she broke out into an excited giggle, flailing her hands.
"So what do I do now?" She smiled.

"I don't know, that's your descision." Will replied.

El let out a tiny squeal before getting up to head back to Max, when Will called out for a last time.

"Just whatever you do, dont screw it up. You guys have one of the best relationships i've seen, and i know it can blossom into something beautiful."

"Okay."

And with that, El headed out the door to go back to Max. As she walked in, Max immediately looked up at her. The gingers eyebrows raised a tad and she smiled.

"And the star is back, everyone!" She laughed.

El put her hand up to her chin in a little 'paparazzi picture' pose for a second, then stopped and laughed as well. She sat down beside Max, and Max scooted a little bit closer wanting to get rid of any space between the two.

"So, sha'll we play the game we took so long to make?" El asked.

"Why of course, Ma'dam." Max answered with a slight Britsh accent.

The pair looked at eachother and smiled, then pulling the board closer to them. Max Held the bottle between her two fingers, twisted, and it spun.

whooooooooooshhh......

the bottle slowly came to a pause.

"Mike." They both recited.

"Well this should be interesting.." Max raised an eyebrow.

Max turned on El's tv to static, sitting behind El carefully putting a blindfold over her.

"You ready?" She asked.

"Yep." El replied.

Soon enough, El appeared in the void. She searched around to find the black haired boy, but it took her a while. Finally, she spotted someone in the distance. Approacing what she's pretty positive is Mike, she gets close enough to make out what he's doing.

gasp.

"He's SHITTING!" El yelled, ripping off the blindfold, immediately looking at max wide-eyed. As the two made eye contact, they immediately erupted into a fit of laughter.

This lasted for a few minutes, as every time one of them looked at the other they immediately started laughing again. Eventually, they both seemed to run out of laughing fuel.

"Holy shit!! Did you... smell.. anything?" Max chuckled, wiping a tear from her eye.

"No!" El responded with another giggle.

"Well thank god, I just know that would've smelled god awful! Pooh, Wee!" Max fanned her face.

Both the girls started laughing again, though it didn't last as long this time.

       About an hour or two passed, both the girls were laying in bed. They weren't really doing anything, just talking.

"Do you remember the first time we hung out? How it was so akward at first? After a few minutes though, all that awkwardness floated away. It's like we just clicked." El murmured.

"Yeah, yeah I remember that. I remember our very first sleepover, it was super fun." Max replied back, smiling

El smiled back. "The best."

"You know, you were my first girl friend. Like I mean- girl best friend." Max blurted.

El raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Really." "I've never really had any friends before. Nonetheless friends that were girls." Max confirmed.

"Me neither. You know, due to me having been raised in Hawkins Lab. I mean there were plenty of girls there, I just.. never really got along with any. Like, at all."

"Hmm. Why did you not get along with them?" Max asked the brunnete girl.

El scooted a little closer to Max on the bed.

"Well, multiple reasons, really. Mainly though because i got picked on, bullied, a lot."

Max scooted in as well.

"Me too. I figured setting up this tough demeanor would make me less of an easy target, but it really barely helped at all. If anything, the only girls my age who didn't bully me were just scared to talk to me."

"I'm sorry" El sympathized.

"It's okay, i'm sorry about you." Max spoke.
"You know, i'm glad you were my first girl-friend. Even if I could never have another one my whole life, your the only friend I need."

El looked over at Max, the ginger haired girl was already looking at her, smiling. El smiled back. Her eyes traveled all over her face. Her beautiful eyes like pools of ocean, Her soft redish-pink lips, her freckles that dotted and peppered her face. El could count every single one. Her eyes twinkled, and El could feel her stomach fluttering. Just then, she leaned in.

She kissed her.

The kiss lasted a few seconds, before Max broke away.

"El.. I..."

Her eyes flicked all across the room nervously.

"I um... I have to go, i'm sorry."

And with that, Max fled the room, leaving all her belongings.

El stared after her, the feeling of butterflies morphing into a deep pit.

"What..?"