chapter 3

It was a lovely morning that day, and Edgar had passed out on his desk, he was sleeping peacefully until.. 'Caw! Caw!' He woke up from his nap in a panic and look at his phone, 'unknown caller' should I answer? He hesitated then answered, "Good morning Edgar!" Edgar heard from over the phone, "good morning, may I ask who this is?" Edgar questioned "you're so dumb its Ranpo! the world's best detective!" Ranpo said happily "oh, do you need something?" Edgar questioned once "yes I do need something in fact," Ranpo said "well what is it?" Edgar questioned again "we need to continue the case!" Ranpo said "oh! I almost forgot about it" Edgar says "well now you remember! And come pick me up at the agency" Ranpo said from a playful to serious tone, "Alright I will be there in a moment" Edgar said "ok! Now bye bye!" Before Edgar could say anything else, Ranpo had already hanged up.

Edgar sat up from his desk, he stood up and walk towards the door, he heard small tapping behind him, he turn to look at what it is, and there he was his beloved racoon! Karl sat on the ground and stared at his friend, Edgar picked Karl up, he opened the door then exited the library closing the door behind him.

He walked down the hallway and made his way to his bedroom, he opened the door to his bedroom, he gently placed Karl on the bed and went into his bathroom, locking the door behind him,
He walked into his closet he took a look around to see what he should wear. I should wear something else for today Edgar thought to himself, he searched his closet, he picked out a brown sweater, black pants and a darker shade of brown for his light coat. He took off his shirt and threw it in the basket he decided he was gonna take a shower first then leave.

After he was finished with his shower, he grabbed the clothes he had selected earlier he pulled the sweater over his head and pulled it down lightly, he pulled his pants up and he put on his coat and looked in the mirror, I feel like I'm forgetting something... Edgar thought to himself, he looked around to see if he could add something to his outfit, he grabbed a black belt and put the belt in the loops of his pants he searched a bit more he gazed at a bow maybe I should put my hair in a bun or maybe a high ponytail? Perhaps a low ponytail instead? Edgar questioned himself, he heard scratching at the door he opened the door and his adorable racoon walked in, Edgar picked Karl up, "Karl should I put my hair in a bun, high ponytail or low ponytail?" Edgar questioned Karl only chittered "Alright!" He placed Karl on the ground and grabbed the bow and put his hair in a low ponytail with the bow.

He stared at the mirror, he open the bathroom door and walked out Karl followed him he picked Karl up and walk downstairs to the kitchen, he walked up to the fridge to grab some snacks for Karl, he put a small backpack with snacks on Karl, Karl climbed up his shoulder and sat there Edgar went up to the front door he sighs then open the door the sun almost blinded him because in his house all the lights are usually off and he uses lamps to light some of the place up. He took a step out of the house locking the door behind him then headed his way towards the Armed detective agency.

While Edgar was walking to the A.D.A
Ranpo was sitting outside waiting for him "whats taking him so longgg" Ranpo said sounding a bit angry he leaned against the wall "sorry I took so long Ranpo-kun!" Ranpo heard someone say he turned to where he heard the voice, he opened his eyes being surprised, wow, Ranpo was shocked that Edgar allan poe was wearing something different for once!
Instead of him wearing his Goth looking clothing he actually wore something else near Ranpo style, "oh my, Edgar do you think this is a date~?" Ranpo teased
Edgar got flustered and then said "Of course not! I just wanted to wear something else..." "mhm yeah sureee now c'mon! Take me to the train station so we can get to the next place!" Ranpo said Edgar nodded then started walking towards the train station Ranpo followed him, they made it to the train station after 15 minutes "can you buy the tickets Edgar?" Ranpo asked knowing he already bought them "I already bought them Ranpo-kun" Edgar  spoke while handing over a ticket for Ranpo, "Thank you pretty boy!" Ranpo said while smirking eh?! Pretty boy?? Am I actually pretty or is he joking? Edgar wander through his mind trying to figure out if he was joking or legit

"R-ranpo am I actually pretty..?" Edgar questioned "Of course you are! You always are!" Ranpo cheered getting some of the people attention "oh, um uh Th-thank you.." Edgar mumbled, "your welcome Ed!" Ranpo said happily a nickname!? What is happening today is it because I'm wearing something different? Edgar pondered, while Edgar was Questioning himself Ranpo grabbed his hand and drag him to the train Edgar finally got back to reality and look at both of their hands,  both their hands intertwined with eachother  Edgar heart was beating so loud the people he was walking past could probably hear it, Ranpo was happy he was holding his rivals hand, one of their hands were warm and the other one hands were cold.

They made it to the train and Ranpo let go of his hand, Edgar quickly retrieved his hand and placed it on his chest trying to slow down his heart beat Karl was enjoying the show of his friend and his rival, after 10 minutes the train finally arrived and the 2 men stepped inside they took a seat next to eachother, it was more crowded this time so Ranpo and Edgar were squished together Edgar heart started beating faster again because his dear rival hand was on thigh he knew it was because of how crowded the train was so he didn't say anything about it, Ranpo gazed at Karl and started petting him Karl started purring, Ranpo stopped for a moment and glanced at Edgar who was staring at the floor, he decided to joke around a bit more and started petting His sworn rival "good boy!" Ranpo teased Edgar face flushed 50 shades of pink, Ranpo giggled then stopped to pet Karl again, Edgar tried to calm down but he just couldn't because of Ranpo calling him 'good boy' Edgar gets weak in the knees when people compliment him or praise him, Edgar looked over at Ranpo "Ranpo-kun I'm gonna sleep for a bit, can you wake me up when we get there?" Edgar asked Ranpo "Of course!" Ranpo said happily Edgar gave him a gentle smile then drifted off to sleep.