Chapter 4

"Wake up Edgar!" Edgar slowly opened his eyes, everything was bright to him he took a moment to process what was happening and he remembered he fell asleep on the train, he fully opened his eyes and took a look around, they were almost at their stop he turned to Ranpo who was smiling at him Edgar heart started beating fast what was this feeling? Edgar asked himself Ranpo stood up and took a step out of the train, Edgar followed behind him Ranpo turned around to confirm his rival was following him once he confirm he continued walking Edgar eyes explored around, he never seen this place before "Ranpo where are we going?" Edgar asked Ranpo "we are going to her school to see if there is any evidence there" Ranpo acknowledged him Edgar just nodded and kept following him, after 10 minutes they finally got to the school it was Sunday so no one should be in the school Edgar looked around to try and find the name for the school "Crystal River Elementary" Edgar read he heard keys jingle he glanced over at Ranpo who had keys in his hand, Ranpo went up to the lock door and opened it he took a look around the school then took a step inside Edgar followed him

Edgar took a glance around, the school feels familiar to him for some reason "lets split up" Ranpo said to Edgar, Edgar nodded and headed his own way
Ranpo decided to go in science class and Edgar wanted to go to Ela class, Edgar got to the door he opened the door a bit and took a peek the fully opened the door and took a step inside the room smelled like vanilla, he inspected the room every thing looked nothing out of the ordinary he examined the room once more and when he didn't catch anything he opened the door and took a step out closing the door behind him.

Where should I look next? He wondered to himself, he took a look around and noticed the teachers lounge would there really be anything in there? He Questioned himself he walked over to the door and tried to open the door, it was locked he walked away and went somewhere else maybe I should try the office perhaps? He opened the door that led to the inside of the office, the office has a strong smell that Edgar could not stand he wanted to leave but if he left that would most likely mean Ranpo would have to searched through that awful room and he did not want his sworn rival to go through that so he had to take one for the team, he moved his left hand to his nose so he didn't have to deal with awful smell he roamed around the office trying to find something that might help with the case unfortunately he did not find anything significant for the case he had realized the office for the school was quite large so he had to go deeper Edgar started walking towards a door that had 2 words on it 'principals office' Edgar read he opened the door and his eyes roamed around the room inspecting everything he walked towards the desk and start going through the drawers with his right hand, something had caught his eyes!

It was folders about each of the kids in the school Maybe this may be proven as vital for this case Edgar pondered to himself he moved his left hand to the folders grabbing all the folders at once he placed them on the desk and started going through each folder for a name of 'lily faith dawson' he was very focused on the folders he didn't even notice a fog was coming inside from under the door, how many kids come to this school?? Edgar wondered while making a face, his legs started wobbling alot his legs couldn't even support him anymore he suddenly start feeling a bit sleepy, he slapped himself trying to stay awake he already slept on the train why is he tired still? Edgar fell on to the ground spilling all the folders on the ground he tried picking them up,  his eyes slowly blinked why am I so sleepy..? Must it be of the smell? He asked himself he tried to stand up but his legs failed him and he flopped right back to the ground his eyes were threatening to shut he couldn't fall asleep in the middle of a mission he felt a sharp pain in his legs, arms everywhere!

He laid on the ground to see if that would help him but it just made it worst, he finally realized the fog before he could get up his eyes already shut down on him and he drifted of to sleep the last thing he saw was a girl.

"EDGAR! WHERE ARE YOU??? I FINSHED SEARCHING THE CLASSES!" Ranpo yelled trying to get a respond of some sort, he desperately searched the classes over and over again, He had been yelling for the past 15 minutes Ranpo was about to give up until he saw the office door slightly opened he slammed the door open probably make a dent in the wall the room had a strong smell he couldn't identify what it was but all he knows is that he may past out from it so he covered his nose with his cloak and searched around hoping he would find his rival he noticed the principals office was halfway opened he opened the door a bit more and realized the racoon boy was laying on the floor...Sleeping..? Passed out.? He could think later! He rushed over to The sleeping racoon boy he tried shaking him so he could wake up, he knew he was a light sleeper so he should have woken up but when he didn't Ranpo had no choice but carry him luckily he was not that heavy so he picked him up tossed him over his shoulder and took him outside He hadn't realized it was already dark outside Ranpo sat Edgar on a bench and pulled out his phone Ranpo messaged the principal about a gas leak then he called Yosano "Hey Yosano! Can you pick me and Edgar up? We're at Crystal River Elementary" Ranpo asked "sure i be there in 15 minutes" Yosano replied to Ranpo then hanged up Ranpo placed his phone into his pocket then looked over to Edgar who was sleeping peacefully, he looks so adorable Ranpo smiled he moved his arm around his shoulder and waited.

After 15 minutes a van came up to them  "Get in you two" Yosano said to them Ranpo picked Edgar up and carefully placed him in the back and he sat in the front, the ride was awfully silent "want me to take you to your house?" Yosano asked Ranpo "just take me to my house" Ranpo told Yosano, she simply nodded and started driving to his house After 20 minutes they have reached Ranpo's house "Thanks Yosano!!" Ranpo thanked them, "your welcome" Yosano said while driving off now. Ranpo had to deal with a Racoon lover, He dragged him to the the door then decided to carry him he unlocked the door and walked in locking the door behind him he started walking towards his room placing Edgar on his bed covering him with a blanket.

Ranpo went into his closet grabbing some shorts and a t-shirt putting them on him he walked out of the closet, he grabbed his phone out of his other pants then sat next to Edgar he opened up tiktok started watching some videos to pass some time.

-------------------------
Authors note
-------------------------
Hello! My apologies for taking a long time to post this i was trying to find some ideas for this chapter!

Words: 1317