Chapter 5.5

It wasn't even morning yet, and Edgar had woken up at midnight he sat up and looked out the window of his room the sun wasn't up, he laid back down and tried to fall asleep he failed he looked over at his Racoon and Cat they were both sleeping, he smiled then got up from his bed might as well work on his Novel he been working for his dear rival he walked over to the door and opened it, it creaked and he walked out of his room without closing the door he went over to his small library he opened the door and went to his desk and sat down he picked up his pen and started writing. Or tried to Write something he sat there for 20 minutes trying to figure out what to add to the next part of his Novel he had wasted so much paper trying to figure out something to write about, at least he wasn't the only one who had woken up at midnight, Ranpo was also awake just munching on some candy on his bed I wonder if poe-kun is awake right now? He wondered, so he decided to call him.

'Caw Caw!' The poet jumped from the sudden Noise coming from his phone he looked over to it and answered without hesitant "H-Hello?" Edgar mumbled "I knew you would be awake!" Ranpo exclaimed "I indeed am awake currently must you need my help?" Edgar questioned "well not really- but wanna work on the case right now?" Ranpo questioned back Edgar wondered if it really is the best time to do it, "S-sure let me get ready" Edgar muttered "Alright! See you in a bit!" Ranpo hanged up the phone.

Edgar stood up from his desk and went over to his room and into the bathroom, what should I wear?? He pondered he had gotten a idea He grabbed a white shirt black jacket and black pants, Nothing complicated he took off his current outfit and wore the new outfit, he brushed his hair quickly then rushed outside the house forgetting to even put food for his animals, the case shouldn't take a while.

He headed to the train station, when he got to the train station it was almost empty, good for him since he didn't enjoy having many people around him, he got his train ticket and patiently waited for the train to stop while he was wearing there was a little girl sitting on the bench behind him she stared at him Edgar felt lots of discomfort while waiting for the train the train finally arrived and Edgar quickly stepped on, he took a seat near the door the Little girl hopped on and sat by him.

Edgar didn't mind the little girl sitting next to him, better then a man sitting next to him, Edgar looked in the corner of his eye and noticed the girl staring at him, he turned his attention to her "must you need something?" Edgar questioned "Nope! Hey! What's your name?" She questioned him back "My name is Edgar..." he muttered "Okay! My name is Lily!" She exclaims.

I Feel like I heard that name before...

Edgar didn't know what to say after she said her name so he stayed silent the whole time, the train finally stopped and he silently stood up and walked out of the train. The girl watched him walk away "we will meet again soon.." she muttered while looking at the ground.

-------------
Sorry cliffhanger (kinda?) I wanted to publish this since it been a while, my apologies